Our little miracle

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Suri!

Happy 1st Birthday Sweet Girl!


I am still a bit numb to the fact that one year ago today, Suri was born...  Last night, I was getting things in order for Suri's birthday as I listened to the clapping of the rain against the house... a storm was in the making; and I couldn't help but remember the storm that blessed us with it's presence the day Suri was born. Arizona experienced the most significant hail storm of all time on October 5, 2010; the day Suri was born... One year ago...


My gifts to Suri, all out of their boxes and awaiting to be played with as soon as Suri removes the wrapping... I also got Suri her own little "big girl" chair!

Good Morning Sunshine!!
Waking up ONE is hard work!!
 Suri woke up exceptionally happy this am almost as if she knew today was her special day! She had a smile on her face from the moment she opened her eyes!  After we got up and around a bit, we had to begin the morning with an 8am Dr's appointment to follow up on her ear tube placement. Dr. Hurley looked in her ears and said everything looks FANTASTIC and that was music to both of our ears! After our appointment, we came home to eat breakfast and open presents and "officially" begin Suir's special day...

Suri's first look at her gifts from Mommy


Such a big girl opening her presents

Of course she had to taste test the wrapping paper!


A turtle for bath time



 For Lunch, we met Grandpa, Great Grandma, Aunt Lindsay, cousin Jackson and Aunt Ashley at Oregano's!  Suri has always been a huge fan of pizza and therefore we thought Oregano's sounded like a winner. Suri thought otherwise as she only ate about 4 bites of pizza!

Great Grandma and Suri

Aunt Lindsay made Suri her very own birthday cake! 


We ordered enough pizza to feed an army!

Suri loves her cousin Jack




Yummy cake!  Thanks Auntie Lindsay!

After lunch we headed home for some rest and relaxation before ending the day at the Railroad park! Who could pass up a birthday ride on the choo choo train!  The weather could not have been more perfect today! It is finally starting to cool off and the park was full of families taking full advantage of the cooler temperatures.

Suri and I arrived a bit before Aunt Lindsay and Jackson and friends Melissa and Trenton and while we waited for them, Suri LOVED spending time on the swing!


 

She played on the jungle gym


 I love these next few pictures. The sun was just starting to set which made for perfect lighting for photos...

Such wonder...


Not too sure what to think about the pine cone...

One of my favorite pictures of the day!





taste testing a pine cone...


My little sweetie



Aunt Lindsay, Melissa, Jackson, Trenton and Suri Rose

All Aboard...

Riding the Merry- Go- Round with Mommy

I am so thankful for our beautiful day together and for all our family and friends who called to wish Suri a Happy Birthday . We are blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives and I thank you all for thinking of us today.

 Happy 1st Birthday Suri Rose; Have fun being ONE!

 Today was a beautiful day and it warms my heart to know that this is just the beginning...

No comments:

Post a Comment