Race for the Cure 2011
On Sunday, October 9th Suri participated in her first Race for the Cure. This has been an annual event that our family participates in. This year, we walked in celebration of Suri's Great Grandmother Velma's continued remission as well as in loving memory of my Mom, Suri's Grandma Diane. Suri and I missed the Race last year as it was held on the weekend of Suri's birth. She and I arrived to the event this year proudly sporting our Breast Cancer attire. Pink Ribbons could be seen for miles and this event truly puts into perspective the lives of many who have been effected by this dreadful cancer. I continue to pray that one day, a cure is found.
You may notice in the photos that Mr. Rugger was in attendance! Suri and I had been asked to watch Ruggs for the weekend as his new owner had to leave town for a business trip. Suri was so happy to see her friend Rugger bug and I think Ruggs was pretty happy to see her as well. We had a great weekend with him and once again, it was hard to say good bye when Jeff came to pick him up. I know Rugger is in good hands and I look forward to the day when we will see him once again.

No comments:
Post a Comment