Our little miracle

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Strep throat?

Suri is once again under the weather. It is almost embarrassing at how much this lil punkin has been sick throughout her one year of existence!  I was talking to some of my co workers today and we were joking that I must live in a filthy, dirty pit! We all know that is far from the truth however I am so confused as to why my little munchkin has yet to contract every illness known to man. It all started this past Sunday. Suri wasn't acting herself at her birthday party with the Graca family and sure enough, that night, we received an unwelcomed visitor of a fever of 102 that snuck up on us both during the wee hours of the morning.

An early Monday morning phone call to the Pediatrician's office reserved us a spot with the doctor that afternoon. The Doctor found that Suri's tonsils were enlarged and pussy ( that explains her decreased appetite and her random cry outs when she was eating something- it must have hurt to swallow) and that a wheeze could be heard in her lungs with each breath. The rapid strep test was negative however the doctor said we may have caught it early enough that it wouldn't reveal itself quite yet. Fever, cough, snotty nose continued until Wednesday when we went back to the doctor who then prescribed another round of Omnicef piggy backed with Motrin and breathing treatments every 4 hours.

Today was the first day Suri stayed home with a babysitter she and I both survived!  I felt terrible that I had to go to work today and leave Suri home, especially when she wasn't feeling well. This is such a busy time at work for me as we are having our annual NICU reunion on Saturday and I have a laundry list 3 miles long of things I need to have prepared. Thankfully Scottsdale Healthcare is paired with an agency that staff members can utilize for an in home care provider if the employees child is ill. I was happy with the lady that arrived and Suri went to her willingly which helped me to feel much more at ease as I pulled out of the driveway and headed to work.

Suri received an A on her report from the baby sitter - she slept most of the day and was content during awake hours. Blanca said they went for a walk around the block and that Suri enjoyed being outside. Luckily I was able to come home earlier than originally anticipated and made it just in time to giver Suri another dose of Motrin to try to knock the fever that was was on the rise. No matter how sick she gets, Suri still manages to maintain her smile.



My little Punky





I sure hope this passes quickly and that Suri gets to feeling 100% very soon. In the mean time, we will enjoy all our cuddles and snuggles at ALL hours of the day and night (wink wink). 

No comments:

Post a Comment