Christmas Eve day...
Today crept up on me despite the fact that I feel as though I have been thoroughly preparing for Christmas for the past month and a half at least! Suri and I spent the afternoon at the train park with Stacy and Sarina who were in town for Christmas. It was a gorgeous day and thanks to Suri's longer than average morning nap, she was all smiles and ready to play! It is always good to see the Mc Collums, I wish we lived closer as we would have so much fun watching the girls grow up together. Sarina was such a good little mommy to Suri. She looked out for her at the park and pushed her on the swings. It seems like yesterday Stacy and I were walking around town with Sarina in the baby carriage!
While at the park, I was fortunate to meet up with the Ashton's and Fry family! Kari had not seen Suri since she was born and it was the first time for her Husband to meet Suri! It was such a fun day at the park with friends that remain near and dear to my heart!
Christmas Eve night, Suri and I went out to Grandpas house. We attempted to meet Grandpa, Great Grandma, Aunt Lindsay and Jackson at Christmas Eve Service at their church (Suri and I went to Christmas Eve service at our church on Thursday night) however Suri started to come down with a little stomach bug and church didn't sound safe! We all spent Christmas Eve together at Grandpas house and since the festivities went later than Suri's normal bed time, she and I had a slumber party at Grandpa's ( Amara and Tecoah came too!). We were certain Santa would be able to find Suri at Grandpas house!
After eating a Mexican food dinner, we gathered around the Christmas Tree to open some gifts. Each year, we all draw a name and get "our person" a gift. Suri and Jackson get a gift (or two or three!) from everyone. It was a fun night and Suri thought it was fun to rip open the wrapping paper. By the end of the night, Suri's eyes were glassy and she was ready for a good nights rest. Her tummy was still causing trouble and if I would have predicted this, I would have asked Santa for more diaper and wipes!
Today was a fun day and I took lots of pictures to remember it!
 |
| Suri - the morning of Christmas Eve |
 |
| Making Mommy breakfast |
 |
| Tecoah |
 |
Amara
|
These next pictures are at the railroad park
 |
| Stacy and Suri |
 |
| Sarina and Suri |
 |
| Sarina Grace |
 |
| Suri and Mommy |
 |
| Suri and Addy |
 |
| Kari, Travis and Addy |
 |
| Our girls |
Getting ready to go to Grandpa's house for Christmas Eve: Suri looked like such a big girl in her Christmas dress. She wasn't feeling 100% but you would never know it with her smile.
 |
| I was blowing bubbles trying to get her to look at the camera and in this picture she is signing "more" |
 |
| Dancing to the musical snowman |
Playing in Grandpa's backyard
 |
| Christmas Eve presents |
 |
| Suri was checking everything out |
 |
| Kissing Belle (Belle and Snoopy were MY dolls when I was little) |
 |
| Uncle Don |
 |
| Aunt Ashley |
 |
| Suri wasn't too sure of this game at first... |
 |
| but she liked it soon enough |
 |
| Suri opens her gifts very calm and strategically! |
I wish these next few of Suri and Jackson came with sound... their laughter was priceless...
 |
| May I have this dance... |
 |
| Suri's new sandbox from Uncle Don and Aunt Ashley |
 |
| Great Grandma and Suri |
 |
| Grandpa and Suri |
 |
| Getting very sleepy... |
 |
| Great Grandma and her little munchkins! |
 |
| Merry Christmas! |
After we all opened our gifts, it was time to go to bed. Suri was asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow and Jackson wasnt' too far behind. He had to make sure that he had some cookies ready for Santa set out on the kitchen table. He knows how hungry Santa gets after delivering all the toys!
No comments:
Post a Comment