Suri is 14 months old today! She is growing so incredibly fast I am almost afraid to blink my eyes! She weighs 28.4 lbs (as revealed to us today during our trip to the pediatrician's office)... yes, Suri is sick once again. This time we can add Para flu to our bag of tricks paired with laryngitis. Im not sure I have ever heard a 14 month old with laryngitis but Suri woke up with no voice this am. Daycare called me at 10 am to inform me that Suri was coughing and coughing and just didn't seem herself. She has had a nagging respiratory infection for the past week and it just wasn't getting any better. The Dr. prescribed Omnicef and Suri gladly accepted her first dose at dinner tonight. This poor kiddo continues to suffer from respiratory illnesses. Everyone jokes that she is going to develop an immune system of steal! I sure hope that's the case and that she doesn't become antibiotic resistant in the process.
Since we are on the topic of health... Suri and I are in the process of trialing NO DAIRY for 3 months as ordered by her GI doctor. Her doctor would like to see if eliminating dairy from her diet helps to clear her constant chest congestion. Suri sounds like she is purring with a constant rattle in her chest. We have been dairy free for almost 2 weeks. Any might I let you in on a little something... we ate a LOT of dairy!! Everything seems to have dairy in it when I read the fine print on the labels! I am just praying that this will be a temporary thing and not something Suri has to live with the rest of her life. In the mean time, I am doing my best to follow suite with her diet... I must admit, I have cheated a couple of times but am doing my best to be mindful of what I eat as well.
On a happier note, Suri has pretty much perfected walking and now spends more time on her feet than on her hands/ knees/ butt. She has even entertained running and it is hilarious to watch.
She is learning so much these days- to say she is a sponge is an understatement. She has a memory like an elephant and a vivid imagination. She mimics me on many occasions but the funniest is when she pretends to talk on the phone. every thing is a phone... blocks, donuts, bananas. She holds them all up to her ear and carries on a conversation that goes something like this: "hi" "yah" yah" ok" "hi"... all spoken quickly and jumbled together.
She loves to "touch" and explore everything within reach. She LOVES to touch the sun that is painted on the wall in the hall at her daycare. Everyday when I pick her up she looks forward to touching the sun! She never forgets either!
I'm almost hesitant to write this but I think the bottle may be a thing of the past! She went all day yesterday with NO bottle and so far, she hasn't had one today either... I believe it is time to retire our Dr. Brown bottle collection. Suri is officially growing up!
Tis' the season to get photos with Santa.... or not... Unfortunately my plan to capture an adorable photo of Suri sitting on Santa's lap did not happen this year... she wanted nothing to do with sitting on his lap... she was mesmerized by him and carried on and on waving to him, blowing him kisses and giving him high fives but sitting on his lap was a no go... I will attempt again next year but for this year we will just practice saying "ho ho ho" and blowing kisses from afar!
All in all God continues to bless us with the gift of a new day. Life is so much fun these days and I am looking forward to Christmas. It will be here before I know it and there is nothing more fun than seeing the look on children's faces as they experience the magic of Christmas.
Happy 14 month birthday Suri Rose!
Mommy loves you SO much!
Here are a couple of other ones
| This photo so cute if she would have just been looking at the camera! |
| So Big! |
After our 14 month photo session I bundled Suri up and we went for a walk around the neighborhood. Good thing cold outdoor air is a good remedy for para flu (supposedly) as it is beginning to get COLD. Suri loves to wear her hat and gloves... even though the gloves are 5 x too big for her hands! She was super snug in her stroller and had fun waving at everyone she saw while we were walking... such a social butterfly!
These next few photos were taken Sunday night. I finally decided it was cold enough to start a fire in the fireplace. I have always LOVED fireplaces and this is one of the things I like most about our house. There is nothing more soothing than laying by the fireplace... Suri is quite fascinated by it as well. We are practicing listening to Mommy these days, especially around the fireplace... when mommy says "no" mommy means no and that is sometimes a difficult thing to grasp when you are 14 months : )
| And the stockings are hung by the chimney with care... |
| Eating Lucky Charms by the fire wearing her reindeer slippers. |
| priceless... |
| Mmm mmm good... magically delicious |



No comments:
Post a Comment