Our little miracle

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Final Chapter of 2011


In the last month, I’ve been struck at how quickly time is passing. As I look back through photos of this past year, I get teary eyed at how much things are changing. They are tears of happiness as well as of sadness. 2011 seemed to go by so fast. This was a year of many of Suri's "firsts" that made memories that will last a lifetime.

Time, it is a passing. Quickly.

Suri is such a blessing in my life; she has been and remains the focus of my every moment. This past year has been one of milestone after milestone and with each new day I find myself more and more in love with a little girl who has changed my world. I have looked back over this blog and am so thankful for it's existence as it truly captures the day in and day out of our Life, as we know it. There have been so many special memories that this blog only captured a glimpse of. Although I feel I was thorough in my postings, there is still so much I missed.

There have been many nights where sleep has been a distant stranger. I lay awake restless as I think of my mom. Wishing so badly that she were here with us. My thoughts then shift to wondering if she would approve of the way our family is today. Would she be proud of us? Some nights I am fortunate enough to have a vivid dream of her, where she is smiling and happy. Where we are all together and things are complete.  I then wake to find it was only dream. Life is definitely different and I am still trying to figure out how to function at 100%.

Throughout 2011, I have been blessed with increasing faith, a healthy family, and friends that I will cherish for a life time. Suri keeps me on my toes and brings laughter to each and every moment. Her personality dances and has truly put a sparkle on this past year.

I am as ready as I can be for 2012. I am certain it will be another year of change and for that I pray to remain open minded and strong in my faith. I am praying for many good friends and family this new year; praying God blesses them with good health,happiness and strengthened faith.

 We have been truly blessed this past year and it is now time to blow a kiss goodbye to 2011 and greet 2012 with an open heart and a high five (from Suri!).


Here is a "mini collage of some of our memories of 2011...


No comments:

Post a Comment