Our little miracle

Monday, March 5, 2012

17 Months

17 Months

And so another month has come and gone and it has left behind a little person who continues to grow up right before my very eyes. Communication, is the word I will use to describe Suri's past month. Her vocabulary has increased as she tries desperately to communicate with me as well as others around her. I feel like I need to turn my monthly updates into more of a bullet point format as there are so many things occurring I short "summary" doesn't begin to captivate everything taking place in Suri's little world.

Words and Phrases:
Suri FINALLY says MOMMY! (Please rise as the choir of angels sing!!!  Aa- le-lu-jah)- and to top it off, she finally points to me when she says it! Yay!
Outside (one of her favorite places to be as well as one of her favorite words)
Owme has recently evolved to Owie... (practice makes perfect I guess...)
Ouuuch ( when Owie doesn't get my full attention)
Water = wa wa
Puppy ( she says it in such a sweet delicate way)
Suri will now attempt to say "please" when she wants something - it sounds like " Puh" (not quite sure how she gets "please" out of puh... oh well, at least she is consistent with her "puh" : )

Suri has pretty much perfected using a fork and a spoon. 95% of whatever she is eating makes it all the way into her mouth!

I believe it is safe to say, Suri has officially said good bye to her morning nap. We have pretty much transitioned to her weekly classroom routine of napping from 11:30/ 12:00 for about 1.5 to 2 hours. Of course there is a day here and there where she will take 2 naps but for the most part we are down to uno!

Weight has remained at 30 lbs for the past 2 months. I know she has grown taller though as her feet now reach the stirrups on her rocking horse!

Suri can properly identify her family members in a photo. She knows Grandpa, Aunt Lindsay, Aunt Ashley, Uncle Don, Cousin Jackson, Great Grammy and Daddy. She even knows her Grandma Diane (even though she always points to her last... sigh..).

I still say Suri has the memory of an Elephant!  She seems to remember EVERYTHING!  She knows 99% of what I am saying to her, almost always knows where things are and if I can't find something and I ask her where it is, she runs right to it!!  I know my Mom always said I had a good memory ( it is definitely a thing of the past but good to know ! ha)

Therapy:
Suri still participates in her physical therapy with Jacki each week. She is getting stronger and stronger and I have a feeling therapy will become a thing of the past before we know it. Suri's SMO orthotics have truly helped her ankle alignment and she is much more sturdy on her feet now :) Jacki got her wish... Suri officially CLIMBS (on EVERYTHING!) yay!

Some of Suri's favorites:
The railroad park
Grandpa's house
The park by our house
Bike rides
Swings
Playing outside
The zoo
Daycare (she loves her school)
Mac N Cheese
Applesauce (thank goodness for Costco)
Blackberries
Scrambled eggs
Over size Stuffed Zebra
and of course her Lovies...  ( I am happy to say that although I thought the paci addiction was getting worse... it is actually getting better. She is able to function more and more without the colorful plastic plugs! yay)

All in all Suri continues to make me say "Wow". She brings smiles to every one's faces and I feel redundant in saying I am so proud of her, but I am... I truly am.

Miss Suri Rose,
When I became your Mommy, I thought I knew a lot about life... but you are teaching me about a whole new world- a world where hopes and dreams become reality. Where the sacrifices of parenthood has called me to be more than I ever thought I could be. When I became your Mommy, I expected to love you... but I wasn't prepared to experience love in a whole new way that I never knew existed.
I am so grateful to be watching and sharing in your journey and I am so thankful God has blessed me with you as my daughter. I love you .


(you can see some of her left over blisters on her right foot.. ouchie)


I am still amazed at how much Suri continues to change right before my very eyes. Each month I think to myself, "she hasn't changed that much however, I then post her monthly photos and never cease to be completely taken back at how much she has changed...







No comments:

Post a Comment