Today was our friend Alder's first birthday party and Suri and I have been practicing singing Happy Birthday to Alder the past couple of days. Suri mastered saying "Happy" in a couple octaves higher than her regular tone of voice and that is my cue to begin singing. Once I complete the entire Happy Birthday song, Suri claps and says "yay". Pretty darn cute I must say.
Alder and his family live just east of Grandpa's house which was super convenient for us today. Suri fell asleep an hour or so earlier than her regular nap time today which was perfect as Alders party was pretty much during her regular nap time. Suri was able to get in a good 50 minute nap prior to the party and slept a good 2 hours post party.
Before I post photos of the birthday party, I have to post the photos of Suri from this morning. When Suri woke up, she wanted to play with her babies. She was running all around the house full speed ahead and all I wanted to do was close my eyes for an additional 1/2 hour in hopes that my raging headache would subside... as I laid on my bed, I could hear the pitter patter of Suri running back and forth from my bedroom to her bedroom. Back and forth, back and forth as she chattered away in her own little language. I finally decided to sit up and see what the little missy was up to and this is what I found. I couldn't resist taking some pictures. . .
 |
| Suri had both of her babies on the floor and had covered them in diapers : ) |
 |
| Such a good mommy |
 |
| Suri Rose with her morning hair : ) |
 |
| I followed Suri to her room and found her doing this! |
 |
| When she looked up and saw me with the camera she said " CHEEEZE" ! I had to laugh out loud! |
Getting ready to walk down the street to Alder's Birthday Party
 |
| Cousins |
 |
| These two are quite the pair |
 |
| picture perfect |
 |
| Special times with Grammy |
 |
| Always time to stop and smell the flowers |
 |
| Birthday boy Alder |
 |
| Jackson having some words with some boys who didn't want to take turns. Jack impressively held his ground against these two! |
 |
| Suri was excited for her turn! |
 |
| birthday lunch in the grass |
 |
| Hey Jackson... Im sure they have some big boy toys to play with... |
 |
| An absolute gorgeous day to be outside |
 |
| Happy 1st Birthday Alder |
 |
| Alder and his Daddy Josh |
 |
| Winnie the Pooh and friends |
 |
| Happy Birthday Alder!!! |
 |
| Just as we were singing Happy Birthday to Alder... |
 |
| He reached down and grabbed the flame... ouchie!!! Poor baby! |
 |
| His Daddy grabbed the ice pack... |
 |
| Cupcakes... Suri's most favorite part of birthday parties! |
 |
| She dropped some cupcake in the grass and says "oh no" |
 |
Awwh... Im in love with this picture...
Later this afternoon, Tarja, Nayyar and Amalia stopped by to say hello. Suri was so excited to see Amalia ( she looks at her picture on our fridge every day) she kept hugging her legs! |
 |
| Hugging Amalia |
 |
| Still hugging Amalia |
 |
| Suri and Nayyar (my camera flash wasn't on and it took me a few photos to figure it out...) |
 |
| Ahh, there we go. Let their be light : ) |
 |
| Amalia |
Suri had a super fun day today. The weather was absolutely perfect and Suri loved spending the day outside. We hope Alder had a fun birthday party (and that his finger isn't too ouchie)!
No comments:
Post a Comment