Our little miracle

Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mothers Day Mom,
Although we are not able to be together physically on a mothers special day of the year, you are with me in my heart. Today is a special day Mom. My first Mothers day as a Mom and my first Mothers day without you. As the crocodile tears run steadily down my cheeks as I write this, I want you to know how thankful I am for all that you have taught me. I wish so badly I could have told you in person, however I'm not sure I realized the magnitude of the lessons until now. Now that I have a daughter, I live my life with a different perspective. There are many lessons you taught me throughout our 31 years together; all of which I hope to pass along to Suri.




Mom, thank you for teaching me that "everyone is equal in this world." That not one person is better than another. That we are all human and that we all make mistakes.
Mom, thank you for teaching me to "never go to bed angry." That there is always tomorrow to discuss it over and come to some kind of agreement. To kiss and love the person anyway because we never know when they will be taken from us.
Mom, thank you for teaching me that "you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar." That you should be kind and soft spoken instead of using harsh words. That anger just makes things worse- I remember you saying this to me as we were standing in front of the stove at the cabin one morning while we were making breakfast...
Mom, thank you for teaching me that "if you haven't got anything nice to say don't say anything at all." That it is much better to remain silent than to say something that you will regret later on and cannot take back.
Mom, thank you for teaching me that "patience is a virtue and that good things come to those who wait." That if it is meant to be it will happen. That if it is not meant to be than there is a reason even though we do not know why. That someday we will understand when the time is right.
Mom, thank you for teaching me to "treat others as you would like to be treated." That "putting yourself in someone else's shoes" will open your eyes to how they must feel.
Mom, thank you for telling me to "always keep my chin up" life is full of ups and downs but keeping my chin up (and a smile) will help me to see the path ahead... no matter where it may lead.
Mom, thank you for teaching me " that with God, all things are possible" That I should trust in the Lord with all of my heart; prayer is powerful.

I honor you, Mom for all you have taught me and because of you, I have become a person who tries to be honest, kind, patient, fair, loving, compassionate and humble. I only hope that I can pass these same characteristics down to my daughter so that one day Suri may be as proud of me as I am of you.

I am sure your celebration in heaven is far greater than anything I can imagine. I love you Mom and I miss you dearly.

Here are a few pictures I chose to post (out of the hundred plus that were taken) of my first Mother's Day with a little girl who has changed my world...


The first picture I took of Suri on the Morning of Mother's Day


Mom's grave with the angel Suri and I brought for her for Mother's Day


Grandpa and Suri
Aunt Lindsay and Suri
Uncle Justin and Suri

Happy Mother's Day Great Grandma Velma




Jackson picking flowers

The cutest picture I have of Jackson and Suri

Suri in her new pool floatie... first time all the way in the pool

Uncle Don and Sager



Mommy and Suri


Snuggle time


Carter Joe ( my friend Alicia's little boy)

Carter and Jackson

Now there's a way to get a clean butt post a big poopy diaper!

Jackson looks a bit disturbed...

Alicia and Suri

Aunt Lindsay, Amalia, Carter, Jackson and Suri


ChEEzY!!!




Tarja, Jack, and Aunt Lindsay

Great Grandma and Suri


Happy Mothers Day Alicia




                                                   Happy Mother's Day with Love.
























1 comment: