Our little miracle

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Heaven's Special Celebration

One year ago today, Zijah and I anxiously awaited the revelation of the gender of the little person that had been growing inside me for the past 14 weeks. As Dr. Francois gelled my belly and slid the ultrasound across my abdomen, she slid the wand back and forth and back and forth, then up and down and around and around trying diligently to catch a glimpse between the legs of our little nugget. Her facial expression changed as she watched the screen with great intensity. She looked at me and asked if I thought I knew what I was having. “A girl” I said. She nodded and confirmed… “She’s a girl… I’m about 90% sure”! A flood of emotions came across me at that point. I looked at Zijah as he sat in the chair across the room. We all smiled. A daughter…. I am having a baby girl.

As we left the doctor’s office I was now on a mission! I needed to gather items that would reveal our miracle to my family that night at my Mom’s birthday celebration.
A bunt cake… check…. a big green and pink flower…. check… a sticker that say’s “it’s a girl”…check   and now for the individual cards with the custom painting on it…(yikes) check! We were now all set and ready for 5pm.

It still feels like yesterday that we were all together as a complete family unit. Laughing and eating together, making jokes, and enjoying our time as a family. Singing Happy Birthday to my Mom as she began to open her birthday gifts. She was all smiles, like a small child in a candy store J

Never in a million years would I have guessed that in less than 2 short months she would become ill and in less than 6 months our family chain would be broken forever. It still seems like yesterday.

As I look back over pictures from one year ago and compare to the ones I took this past Sunday on Mother’s Day, I can’t help but hear the Trace Adkins song “You’re Gonna Miss This” as it plays over and over in my head. “Miss this” is an understatement when it comes to explaining how I feel today. The circle of life, it’s a crazy thing.  I now look around me today, with the song playing in the back ground, I remind myself to enjoy every moment of every experience, appreciate the people around me and cherish the little things; because one of these days, I’m Gonna Miss This…
Today is still your special day Mom and I am sure your celebration in heaven is far more beautiful than anything we could imagine.



                                Happy Birthday, we love you.
                                                    XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment