Our little miracle

Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Yes... I know, it's been a while since my last post on the 15th!! Life as we know it has been quite busy lately. Nothing overly exciting, a new tooth here, another ear infection there, but despite it all, we are still rollin with the flow of things. The weather has been exceptionally nice these past couple of weeks and it is weather like this that makes me wish we had our own pool in our backyard. I was never one for swimming however now that Suri is here, it would be fun to enjoy having a pool at our fingertips :) 

Suri and I have been enjoying Memorial Day weekend since last Thursday!  I couldn't wait to have a 4 day weekend and now I am sitting here realizing it is Sunday night and we have one day left!  I swear, the days are getting shorter and shorter.

Here is a brief re cap of life since my last post. . .

Suri cut her second tooth last week. She cut her first one on the bottom left and then about 5 days later, the one on the right popped through. She has really been testing them out lately as she puts everything in her mouth!  She has expanded her horizons with food lately. She wants a sample of everything she sees me eating!  I must admit, she has made me much more aware of the things I eat, which is much appreciated : )

On Monday of last week, I picked Suri up early from daycare to take her to her pediatrician. I suspicioned another ear infection and sure enough... #4 had arrived. This time it was only her left ear that was infected however her right ear was once again, full of fluid. Needless to say, we have an appointment with an ENT on Tuesday to get a thorough evaluation of her ears and discuss the possibility of  tubes.

When we got home from the pediatrician, I wasn't feeling too well but thankfully whatever I had didn't set in full force until after Suri went to bed for the night. It must have been some form of the flu as I layed in bed with aches, fever and chills wondering if I would live until morning.... ugh. Definitely not fun to be sick and not fun to be sick while caring for a 7 month old!  Nice thing about it was that we both took a much needed day off work and daycare on Tuesday and lounged around the house.


We continue to have her helmet adjusted on Fridays and the therapists at Cranial Technologies are extremely impressed with the amount of change we have achieved thus far!  Yay!!  It won't be long and Suri will be able to get this helmet off her head just in time for the peak of the summer heat!

Sunday, Zijah wanted us to come visit with his Aunt and Uncle at his new apartment. We went for the afternoon and Suri's Aunts Janana and Lejla were having a blast playing games on the iPad. It was cute to watch Suri get so excited as she watched them play. It won't be long and she will be able to participate too!

Before we knew it, Memorial Day weekend was here. It has been a relaxing weekend with no real "scheduled" events. Suri and I went shopping, swimming and for some nice long walks. We met up with friends we haven't seen in a while, spent some time with some of Zijah's friends, and went to see Great Grandma and Grandpa. I wish every weekend was a long weekend : )

We spent part of our Memorial Day at the Scottsdale Quatrer with cousin Jack, Aunt Lindsay and our good friends Stephanie and Henry. It felt like we were on a mini vacation for a couple of hours. The scenery at the fountain and the weather made for a perfect morning. Suri had fun splashing around in the water and watching all the kids run around and have a blast. We finished our morning with a lunch picnic in the grass and before we called it a day, we had to top it all off with some frozen yogurt!  Super Yum!  All in all, this weekend was a lot of fun and very much needed.

Here are some pictures from our weekend:

Suri had just gotten out of her bath and I decided to try her jammies our good friend Wendy gave her at the beginning of the year. When she gave them to us, I thought I would have them tucked away for a while as they are size 12 month... surprise surprise, they FIT!!  They are super cute jammies and very Child Life appropriate!! They havew labels for all the different body parts : )





The cutest part of them... the TUSH : )






Putting her 2 new teeth to the test : )  and starting to use her sippy cup : )


These next few are from when we went to visit Suri's Daddy at his new apartment.



Suri with her Great Aunt Sada, Uncle Ned and Daddy

Suri's little Aunts Lejla and Janana

Saturday, Zijah's friend Troy was having a BBQ at his apartment. . . .

Suri was sleeping for the first part : )


Playing with Daddy in the pool


Trying out a water bottle... notice Rugger in the background : )


Stephanie, Henry (2yrs) and Suri

Aunt Lindsay and Cousin Jackson

Henry Walter

Mommy and Suri



Suri's first water gun compliments of Jackson : )


Best buds




Look at that belly!



Figuring out the fountain. . .








Henry and his momma

a penny for your thoughts...



Jack squirting Henry!


Fun Fun Fun


Aunt Shannon and Jackson

Lovin every minuite




Suri's hair is finally starting to grow!

We hope everyone had a safe and memorable Memorial Day Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment