Our little miracle

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

11 months

It feels like I just sat down to write her 10 month post... and here I am again, in the exact same spot in disbelief that I have an 11 month old! Yesterday kind of crept up on me and was over before I knew it. I therefore had to take Suri's monthly photo this morning before going off to daycare. 11 months old and I'm already slipping...(uh oh).

11 months... and each month continues to be my "favorite". Suri's personality is really starting to blossom and I see more and more of her true colors shine brighter and brighter with each new day.
Let's see, what have we done this past month... Suri is in her "waving" phase. She LOVES to wave hello, good bye, and just because. She has been waving since about 6 months old however lately, she is extremely social with her wave. She is definitely a social butterfly and loves to interact with just about anyone. Her smile is captivating and everyone seems to be drawn to her personality.

Suri is definitely on the move. She as basically perfected her crawling and is now entertaining her "pull to stand". We work on this regularly in therapy, which of course she now wants no part of and participates as little as possible in... (wink). She pulled up on her own for the first time this past weekend while in the swimming pool. She surprised me but I think she surprised her self even more!

We have had another run in with a nasty ear infection so I have finally given and she is back on the surgery schedule to have tubes put in this coming Friday. I promise not to take her off the schedule again as it looks as this is going to continue to be an issue. I can not bare to see her sit up in bed at night and cry as she holds both of her ears. Pitiful... just pitiful. Just as her ear infection resolved, she contracted the nastiest case of the stomach flu I have seen in ages ( mind you, I work in a hospital and this still did not compare!) She had vomiting and diarrhea for 1 week straight causing a significant 2 lb weight loss!!  She was teetering on the verge of getting admitted to pediatrics once again. The last time was for RSV and this time for severe dehydration. Luckily she seemed to like the taste of Pedialyte and that seemed to be our saving grace! Whew...

Suri's teeth continue to come in and she now has 4 top teeth and 3 bottom teeth. These pearly white's along with her recurrent ear infections are to blame for the recent finale of Suri and my nursing relationship I must admit, nursing was quite the adventure. Making it through the first 3 months solely on a nipple shield deserves an award in itself, then, enduring the 40 minute feedings every HOUR, deserves another reward, onto the survival of my rapid decrease in milk supply which lead to my emergent addiction to Domperidone (the miracle medication for increasing milk supply rapidly), to overcoming repeated nursing strikes due to ear infections and finally the race to the finish line! Suri, myself and my pump will all deserve a reward : )
Suri is still babbling up a storm but no "real words" other than Momma and Dada on occasion. They are still more of just sounds without actual "meaning" to her yet. She is paying closer attention to my words lately and I am sure her first word is just around the corner.

I am sure this month is going to pass just as quickly as the last ones have and we will soon be looking eye to eye with her 1st birthday.... If life only had a "pause" button.... Each day continues to be the best present yet and I am so thankful for my sweet little girl.

Suri's monthly photo: 11 Months

 Some of the others in attempt of a good one...





And now the count down...












Happy Eleven Month Birthday Little Nuggs. Mommy loves you to the moon and back. 
XoXo

1 comment:

  1. Wow...she looks like such a big girl in her picture. I can't believe she is almost a year old!!!!

    No canceling surgery again, young lady. :) Trust me, you will be so happy you did it.

    ReplyDelete