For the past 11 months, I have been watching and listening to Suri while anxiously awaiting her first "real" word. She will say "Mama" on occasion... not sure if it is intentional yet or not but it is definitely music to my ears. Other than that, I have been waiting for what I label as her "first"
real word. . . Will it be "ball", or "bird"? Maybe dog? Maybe "more" or "up" Oh how the endless possibilities are constantly running through my mind as I continue to shower Suri in Websters array of words as we match them to actual objects : )
Well, the other night, Suri had just had her bath and I was partaking in my nightly routine of cleaning out the hundreds of soapy toys laying lifeless after the bath water drains when I look up to find Suri sitting next to the toilet, silently unraveling the toilet paper. You would have thought she must have been there for hours with the amount of toilet paper she had in little shredded pieces all around her! It was like a mini snow pile and Suri was right in the middle of it taste testing the shreds! "Oh Suri, that's Yucky" I proceed to tell her as I race to make my way from my knees to my feet in order to run and snatch the last little bit as she proceeds to put it in her mouth... " Suri, thats Ca Ca! We don't eat it!" I proceeded to pick it out of her mouth and clean it off of her hands as I was saying, "Yucky"... "Ca-Ca". She then looks up at me with her porcelain skin and almond shaped brown eyes and out of her mouth, as clear as day, she says the word "
CA-CA" My jaw dropped to the floor in disbelief. She then proceeded to say it again. And again. And again as she picked up some of the shreds and handed them to me as she uttered the word "ca-ca". 11 months of waiting and my sweet little baby girl finally says a word... "
Ca Ca".
Really? Does that count? regardless.... "
Caca"?!?! I have got to be more mindful of the adjectives I am passing onto society's future! ha.
Anyway... aside from that. It sure sounds like Suri tries to say "
sock" (Suri's version is more like "
gock") she has mimicked the sound multiple times today as I was putting on her socks and while I was folding the laundry. "
Sock" I can deal with "
sock" but "
ca ca" still gets me! (wink wink). I am sure our days of meaningless babbling are going to be a thing of the past sooner than I would like to admit, and, before I know it, I am going to find myself engaging in conversations with my sweet
BABY girl who continues to grow all to quickly...
Suri and I had a fun weekend. Not too eventful yet just enough to keep us busy and out of trouble. A bit of shopping, a lunch date with Grandma, a visit with Heidi and baby Max and and an afternoon with Debi, a night of church at CCV, some grocery shopping, some naps, some morning and evening walks, a bike ride here and there, playing toys with cousin Jack... what better way to spend a weekend?
I tried to get some pictures of Suri now that she is pulling to stand and even cruising a bit, however whenever I take the camera out these days, the little miss turns her head the opposite direction and will NOT participate! Hence the reason the photos have been a little less than usual lately. Little does she know, I am not going away and neither is the camera!
 |
| Yay Suri... such a big girl! |
 |
| Becoming more and more proficient as she "moves on UP in the world" |
 |
| Eating dinner with Cousin Jack |
 |
| Well, Suri was eating anyway... Jack, not so much : ) |
These next few were "staged" photos for work. I needed to get pictures of "kids" with a SHC teddy bear and Suri was not overly cooperative. So thankfully Jackson came by and saved the day....
 |
| she looks like she has seen a ghost! |
 |
| "waving"... just not to the camera : ) |
 |
| PERFECT!! Thanks Jack Man! xoxo |
As September is coming to a close and October is just around the corner, with each new day, I am more and more thankful for my friends and family as it seems like time is passing us by quicker and quicker these days. It seems like it was just yesterday when Suri was born and here we are now, just 3 short weeks away from her first birthday... (sigh). Life is good though and life is fun and I am thankful beyond words for my health and my ability to watch Suri and Jackson grow up together. Our family has been truly blessed with these children. They keep things in perspective. . .
Oh my gosh...this post made me laugh! I can't wait to hear Suri's words in person. She is growing up so fast. I still can't believe she is going to be one soon.
ReplyDelete