Our little miracle

Sunday, September 25, 2011

My 33rd Birthday


And so I find myself beginning yet another chapter in the book of  "My Life"... Today was my 33rd birthday, my first birthday with my little Suri Rose and what a fun day it was indeed. I find it difficult to believe I am 33 years old. I have memories of when I was a child, how I used to think people in their 30's were so old, so much wiser than I was... (sigh)... old, yes.  Wise... well, I'm not so sure...  I definitely have a new perspective on birthdays and on aging in general now that I am a Mom. It's no longer all about me. It is now necessary to be sure I begin taking good care of or "better" care of myself in order to hopefully see my next birthday, and the one after that (wink)... but seriously,  I now have a little girl who relies on me to be a part of her future and we all know, "life" waits for no one.

It was a fun day today. Spending the morning with my sister and Suri at the park before meeting up with the rest of my family for lunch at Macayo's. Suri thoroughly enjoyed her time on the swing! She was having so much fun that she fussed when we had to leave.

I think these pictures are so cute... too bad the swing looks absolutely gross!!





I love this picture even though it is blurry. It captures her mood perfectly : )




Her smile melts my heart :)


Still amazed that this time last year I was pregnant with this little nugget!

Suri's first time on a slide

I think I had more fun than she did ; )


I couldn't let her go down by herself as the slide was HOT! It was still unseasonably warm out today!










After some time outdoors, we headed over to one of my favorite restaurants for a Mexican lunch. yum delish :) Suri did great at the restaurant. She enjoyed some of her all time favorites: a cheese crisp, and carnitas! A few tomatoes here and there and a lime to remain festive! This little one can eat!

After lunch, we went up to have cake and ice cream and Grandpa's house. Grandma made me a rum cake and picked up some of my favorite ice cream from Baskin Robbins. Pralines and Cream... absolutely scrumptious!  Mom would have agreed. There was no bigger fan of Pralines and Cream ice cream than she was... I ate an extra bite in loving memory of Mom! xoxo


With love, from Jackson


Grandma's specialty... Rum cake

 Suri helped me open my presents : )
look at those chunka thighs :)



taste testing the wrapping paper...

My best present of all...


A much needed CRUMB SUCKER!!!  (its a handy vac and I couldn't be more excited!)


someone has tired eyes...




Spoiled by Great Grandma... yummy ice cream!


Life is Good!

Thanks to everyone for remembering me today. I am looking forward to another fun filled year with family and friends!


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had such a fun day! I hope it was everything you hoped for! You look ADORABLE in these pics! And Suri of course is as cute as ever! Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon, these pictures are AMAZING! I especially love the "blurry one" of Suri smiling in the swing, and the last one of you holding her upside down. SO cute. I'm glad you had a special day and were able to document it so well! xo

    ReplyDelete