Our little miracle

Friday, September 9, 2011

Ear Tubes



As EASY as 1 ~ 2 ~ 3!! Today, Suri had her first "procedure"... ear tubes! And she was nothing short of a trooper throughout it all. The morning started at 5:30am (for Suri anyway...) - she woke up on her own (very rare for her to wake up that early on her own) and we got dressed and headed for the car. She was probably wondering where her breakfast was but she went with the flow. We arrived to Piper Surgery center about 15 minutes ahead of schedule and luckily the case that was scheduled before us failed to arrive which opened up the FIRST surgery spot for Suri! Hooray (that meant breakfast would come sooner than later!) We patiently waited in the waiting room until they called us back. Suri was her usual sweet, smiley and waving self! She waved "hello" to everyone in the waiting room and to all the doctors and nurses. She had everyone smiling bright and early on a Friday morning.

Her procedure was fast and easy. Dr. Hurley said her ears looked good and had minimal fluid. I sure hope these tubes alleviate the back to back ear infections that have seemed to be shadowing Suri the past 6 months. Suri was finished within 15 minutes and before I knew it, I was being called back into the recovery room to wait with her while she came out of anesthesia. She woke up a little confused but there was no crying!  She was a super patient and all the staff was phenomenal with her. I am so proud of you Suri Rose!!!



Nuggs waiting patiently to register for surgery

Suri with her Child Life Specialist, Melissa

Putting Suri's name band on


Still sleepy : )

Suri and Melissa

Playing a bit before Dr. Hurley arrived


Suri getting ready to go back to surgery.  Her "lovey" and paci got to go too!


Suri with her oxygen mask on... waiting to wake up...

Suri with her recovery nurse... (she just woke up from the anesthesia and is HAPPY)

All Done!!!
 After her procedure, we rushed home to eat Suri's favorite breakfast... PANCAKES


Breakfast is served... pancakes and sausage. Yum Delish!!

My Sweet Girl and her new ear tubes!!!

Later this afternoon after Suri had a chance to take her morning nap, we went to visit the Kaplans. I just noticed I didn't get ANY pictures of baby Max!!!  Max's parents are adjusting to parenthood and pretty much have the swing of things down to a science. Baby Max is growing by the minute and it was fun to get together for some baby snuggles today!


Heidi and Suri
I have to laugh, I didn't get any pictures of Max and I didn't get any of Josh looking NORMAL... he surprised me and snuck up behind me wearing this ridiculous chicken costume... a sneak peek for his Halloween debut!!  Gotta love him!


Suri didn't know quite what to think

Suri: "uh, no thanks"


After our visit with the Kaplans, we headed over to see Great Grandma Velma as today is her "actual" 84th birthday!  We all went together to find Suri a Halloween costume (Josh got us in the Halloween spirit... we have to compete with his "chicken") and then we met Grandpa at X Tappa Joes for a Mexican Food Birthday Dinner.

Today was a good day. Thank Goodness it's FRIDAY!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yea...I'm glad to hear Suri did so well with her tubes. I'm crossing my fingers that you guys will have no more infections!

    ReplyDelete