Our little miracle

Thursday, January 5, 2012

15 months

My little Punky is 15 months old today and for some reason I keep having "flash forwards" to when she turns 15 years old!  Time is truly going that FAST!  This past month has been a month that I have noticed some of the most remarkable growth in Suri's development. She has grown in so many ways; her personality is hilarious. She is definitely my little drama queen, she pretends to cry, she laughs out loud, she can predict when her favorite movies are coming to an end as she has a memory like an elephant, she is learning to run, trying to climb, she has mastered object permanence (I guess that kind of goes along with the memory part : ), she is a little mommy to her babies, she loves to pretend to talk on the phone - obviously I could go on and on and on. This past month has been a blast and I continue to find myself pausing and saying "wow"...

Suri jibber jabbers all the time, she will look at me and have a full on conversation in a language all her own- hand gestures and all! Some of the words she does say are: mine (this is her FAVORITE word these days), yeah, bird, stay, up... I am sure there are more but they are more sound mimics of the word than the actual word. She signs "more" on a regular basis and follows commands without flaw (most of the time). She is such a good girl I continue to be so very proud of the sweet little girl she is.

She has cut additional teeth and her molars are trying their hardest to peek through. She has one all the way through on her top left and 2 additional teeth on the bottom have caused her gums to remain inflamed. She is doing good with her teething this go around though. Her appetite has definitely decreased and she is becoming more and more picky. She still eats PLENTY of food at one sitting however she is definitely making me be more creative in my selections for her.

We are still awaiting the results of her allergy test to confirm or deny if she has a true allergy to dairy or if it is just a quantity intolerance. I am keeping my fingers crossed that whatever it is is something she will outgrow in time. We should have the results back within the next week or so.

Suri's favorite TV show continues to be Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. She has loved this show since she was about 7 months old. She dances to the songs and gets super excited to see Mickey Mouse. More nights than not, I go to bed with the theme song stuck on repeat in my head "come inside it's fun inside"... uggh.


15 fabulous months!!  Little Suri Rose, you sure do brighten each and every day. Never forget that you are loved always, unconditionally and forever...

















And, at the end of the day, when I have a moment to reflect upon the people who have influenced my life the most I would declare, without a moment's hesitation, that you  Suri Rose, although only 15 months old,  are at the very top of my list. You have profoundly affected who I am today. Becoming your mother has grounded me, it has given me a purpose and it has set my life's course.  It has become more important than ever for me to discover my own potential, to realize my own talents, in order to show you by example how I hope you will choose to live your life.
When you were born you gave me the experience of a lifetime. The experience that holds the deepest most treasured place in my heart. I'm so proud of these past 15 months and look forward to the many more to come.
I love you Suri Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment