On our way out of his office, Suri was given some paper sunglasses to wear outside as her eyes were still dilated and would be sensitive to the light. She didn't seem too impressed!
![]() |
| Nice shades : ) |
After Suri's eye exam we headed out to Grandpa's house for a while. Suri fell asleep on the way there. Eye exams are hard work!
![]() |
| I couldn't resist taking this picture... |
Later this afternoon, we had our appointment at Hanger Orthotics to see why Suri's SMO's were bruising her feet. I showed the Orthopedist the photos I had taken when I noticed the bruising and of course he said he had been fitting orthotics for 30 years and had never seen anything like what I was showing him. Of course he hadn't, Suri and I never follow what is "normal"!! ha. Anyway, he didn't feel like her orthotics were too narrow however he placed a call to the manufacturer and will talk to them on Monday as they were closed today. In the mean time, he added some "foam" to the area where the bruising occurred and wanted me to try the orthotics again in short time increments in order to see if the foam would help as he felt the orthotic crease may have been pinching the outsides of her feet. Suri and I left there with no more information than we came with... I was hesitant to have Suri wear the orthotics again as It broke my heart to see the bruising on her feet, but she wore them for a couple of hours when we got home and when I took them off, her feet had no signs of distress. I pray this continues and that She will not experience any more discomfort from these SMO's. I'm curious to see what the manufacturer will have to say about this situation. I personally feel they are not made correctly or they would not have to be doctored up to avoid causing a bruise...


No comments:
Post a Comment