Suri,
Today was your first day of fun at the Little Gym of Scottsdale. I thought it would be fun to sign you up for some classes that you and I could do together along with other kiddos your age. You had a rough night last night. You were up coughing and coughing and therefore we BOTH spent a good portion of the night in the rocking chair. Once you were able to get some sleep, you woke up super happy and full of energy. I kept telling you we were going to go to gymnastics and play with new friends. You would laugh out loud (like you knew what I was saying to you!).
After a hearty breakfast of eggs, pancakes and blueberries (along with some freshly squeezed orange juice from our trees in the back yard), we drove down the street to the Little Gym of Scottsdale.
You were SO excited once we got inside. You thought it was SO cool that you got to take your shoes and socks off. You were saying "hi" to all the new people you were meeting. Everyone was saying how cute you were and how friendly.
Then we proceeded to walk inside the gym. . .
The sweet little Suri that was so happy and friendly turned into a MONSTER!! Everyone else sat in circle time and sang the songs with their Mommy's and Daddy's. You, my love, had ZERO attention span and decided to run around like you were possessed. Screeching at the top of your lungs. Arching and throwing yourself backward when I tried to pick you up. Super, super naughty for sure!
All the other parents assured me that your behavior was "normal" for the first class however I could tell by the looks on their faces that they were secretly praying that we will not return to their peaceful Saturday morning class where their children march around like robots, obeying all the commands the teacher eagerly shout out in unison with the guy on the music CD.
Finally, about 1/2 hour into the 45 minute class, you decided to come to and pay a tiny bit of attention, you stopped swatting at the other children and huddling over everything telling the other children "MINE" as your furrowed your brow at them. I am not sure if you noticed that parents were beginning to encourage their children to go the other direction when they saw you coming! We will definitely work on this behavior little Missy and we will most definitely be going back for more until you master the reality that other individuals exist in this world besides YOU! (wink wink)
A part of me wants to forgive you for this disturbing behavior that you demonstrated in front of a good portion of our neighborhood friends, as I too felt a bit overwhelmed. The class was fairly large in size, it was a new environment with lots of new and exciting things to see, hear and do, the teacher is VERY upbeat, the music was loud, there were parents everywhere chasing after their little ones, and you were being asked to do things that were a bit challenging. . . . .
However, I need you to make a note to your self, that Mommy prays you do not behave like you did today ever again in public : ) I love you oodles and oodles Miss Suri Rose but today you made me want to crawl under a rock and hide.
| Eating Breakfast- excited to go to your first day at the Little Gym |
| Running in the Lobby before we went into the gym |


No comments:
Post a Comment