Today, Suri and I tried a class at My Gym and our experience was oh so different than the one we had last week at The Little Gym.... I must admit, I teeny tiny part of me was hesitant to try something new again however Suri did awesome. My little nugget had on her listening ears this morning and payed attention to the teacher. She and I had a lot of fun together today trying new things and meeting new friends. My Gym seemed to be geared more toward younger kids. The Gym was much smaller and the music was softer. Suri just seemed more at ease today in this atmosphere.
Suri was happy and relaxed the first 45 minutes before exhaustion set in and got the best of her. At My Gym, they have super cool swings they brought out toward the end of the class and Suri LOVED LOVED LOVED them. She was not overly excited about moving onto the closing activity and decided to make her frustration known by throwing a couple of mini tantrums on the floor while still observing what everyone else was doing as she moaned and groaned and flipped and flopped... (Miss Suri, you were still the ONLY child that threw a fit in class today- but you were MUCH better than last week)
Unfortunately My Gym's membership is a bit more expensive and the location is about 7 miles from our house as opposed to less than 1/2 mile however I think this will be a better fit for Suri at least for now. Maybe in a couple of months we can try some more classes at the Little Gym now that they are in their new location but for now we will keep "monkeying" around at My Gym.
I didn't bring my camera today ( I wasn't planning to have time to snap some pictures) but I did use my phone for some snapshots. Unfortunately most of them were blurry as Suri was completely on the move the whole class : )
I'm not sure what it is about these classes however once again, Suri fell asleep at 4:30 this afternoon. She is STILL asleep... I wonder if I'm in for a late night with a well rested toddler or if I should plan to see her in the morning . . .


No comments:
Post a Comment