Today, April 1, 2012 was the day of our NICU Annual Easter Egg Hunt at Chaparal Park. Every year, out NICU graduates come back to say hello and to show the staff how much they have grown! It is an exciting event for our staff and our families. For the past few days, I have been telling Suri that Easter is coming and that she will soon see the Easter Bunny. She recognizes the bunny in her books and was excited to see him in real life today... from a distance! She had a lot of fun gathering Easter eggs and putting them in her basket. She called the eggs "balls" and shrieked with excitement when she saw them laying all over the ground!
Last night, I wanted to make sure I didn't forget anything and I packed up everything I felt Suri would need for the afternoon. I noticed my camera battery was low so I put it on the charger as I didn't want to risk not capturing every breathing moment of Suri's first Easter Egg Hunt (she was too little to participate last year...) Sure enough, Suri and I arrived to the Easter Egg Hunt with the camera in tow (but the camera battery was still on the charger....) Dang it! I had to resort to using my cell phone for photos and of course it has a delay all the photos accurately represent that (sniff sniff). So much for staying one step ahead... There were so many opportunities for GREAT photos. The weather was nice (a bit windy), the park was pretty and there were lots of our friends there. The cell phone camera did what it could do, but my heart is broken that I didn't get to capture Suri's expressions like I would have liked to...
On a side note, first thing this morning, I received a text message from Aunt Lindsay asking me to call her. Come to find out, Great Grammy had fallen early this morning and had to be taken to the hospital. Of course I figured whatever caused Grandma to pass out which initiated her fall could not be good... Supposedly they felt Grandma had an aneurysm but only tests and scans would confirm or deny.
So with that on my mind and the pressure of attending a work function that we had been planning for one year... my mind was everything but clear. Thankfully Suri and I were able to attend the Easter Egg Hunt knowing that Grandma was in good hands. Aunt Lindsay and Aunt Ashley were with her and promised to keep me updated with any news they received regarding a diagnosis.
Suri and I stopped by the hospital this afternoon and said hello to Grammy. After a few hours of waiting in the emergency room, I decided to take Suri home (as there was nothing we could do at this point). She is napping as I type and we are still awaiting a final diagnosis on Grandma. . .
 |
| Saying Cheeze and trying not to get blown away! It was super windy out today. |
 |
| A little friend for Suri. Gianna... visiting all the way from New Jersey! |
 |
| holding a pink Easter egg |
 |
| Suri's Dad with bunny ears and Easter baskets |
 |
| Not a huge fan of the cute Easter Bunny |
 |
| Better to wave from a distance |
 |
| Such a good sport... |
 |
Time for a snack... gathering eggs is hard work!
|
Here are some photos of Suri waiting with Grammy in the Emergency Room this afternoon.
 |
| Thank goodness for technology... |
 |
| Grammy with her hematoma above her left eye (from her fall this morning) |
 |
| Suri sitting in bed with Grammy watching Elmo on the iPad. |
No comments:
Post a Comment