Well, we survived what is pretty much my busiest weekend of each year, the last official weekend of October!
Every year this is the weekend of SHC work festivities as well as community events welcoming the upcoming Halloween Holiday! Friday night, Suri and I joined Madeleine and Braydn at the Salt River Fields for the Spooktacular event. Suri was fortunate to partake in her first Hot Air Balloon ride and I think she felt just as I did after my first official Hot Air Balloon ride many years ago... it was HOT and the basket was shoulder to shoulder with people! We can both cross that off our Bucket List :)
 |
| Our view as we went up |
 |
| birds eye view! |
Saturday morning was the NICU Reunion- the event I have been planning the past 6 months. It was a success as usual and our numbers continue to grow- Im certain we had about 600 people attend this year! Holy Smokes! It is always fun to see our graduates return and so many of them were dressed in costumes and looked as cute as could be. Thankfully my friend Alicia and her son Carter were able to help me out with Suri. Suri enjoyed playing with Carter and taking part in the crafts and food of the reunion! I am so thankful for a healthy child and I count my blessings each and every day.
 |
| Such a cute costume Kensington! |
Saturday night, Suri and I attended a fall festival at West World. Highlands church put on a fabulous, younger kid friendly festival and Suri had a fun time. She bounced in the bounce houses, we went on a hay ride, she got to trick or treat at different booths and of course, she had to get her face painted! It was a very fun evening with beautiful weather!
PS- I forgot my camera :(
This morning, we were running on fumes after the busy weekend but after church, we went grocery shopping and picked out a pumpkin to carve. Suri wasn't too sure about cleaning out the insides of the pumpkin and I think she probably used every kitchen towel she could find to wipe every last bit of goo off her fingers. I was actually surprised at how particular she was about getting her hands dirty. She wanted the pumpkin to have round eyes ( thanks Suri... not like that is easy!). Yes, I realize it is missing a nose but she didn't seem to care and I was every bit of over carving it!
After her nap, we met her Dad at Mc Donalds Ranch. Suri has been wanting to go back there since her field trip and I am so glad we did go back... in the evening, when it wasnt so hot! Suri had a great time riding the horses, panning for Gold, petting the animals in the petting zoo and of course; we had to go on the famous Hay Ride.
Before we left the house, Suri was begging me to pain her face... she found some face paints in the NICU reunion supplies and kept asking me over and over again to paint a bird on her face. I gave it my best shot...
 |
| She wasn't satisfied with a partial facial... |
 |
| taa daa... I did the whole face and at first glance, it looks pretty darn good! |
 |
| She has been counting down the moments until she could ride a horse! |
 |
| She looked pretty professional up there! |
 |
| I thought this baby was so cute! |
 |
| Walk number 3 with Dad... |
 |
| She wasnt very happy that there weren't more pumpkins to choose from... |
 |
| She was satisfied with this big pumpkin! |
 |
| Finished product! A Sand necklace cupcake! |
When we got home, she insisted she pain my face... good thing it's just the two of us and that there isnt someone to walk around taking pictures of all the funny and crazy things we get our selves into...
She informed me she was painting a cactus on my cheeks... this was the final product :)
It was a busy yet fun weekend. I am now ready for a weekend but unfortunately, I need to re fuel for the week of Halloween activities ahead. Im sure there will be lots of upcoming photos to capture all the memories of Halloween 2013!
No comments:
Post a Comment