The morning after Suri's birthday, her birthday wish came true! Suri went flying at Sawyer Aviation. Suri had wanted to go flying in an airplane for quite sometime. It was a topic of daily conversation the past couple of months so I couldn't have been more excited when I learned that her dream could become a reality when I spoke to Sawyer Aviation. Justin Olson, a flight instructor at Sawyer Aviation agreed to take Suri flying for her birthday despite the rule of having to be 9 years old before a child could fly! We arrived at Scottsdale Airport early Sunday morning and Justin greeted Suri at the door. He was so good with her ( he too had a 3.5 year old daughter- whom he said has no desire to go flying!). After signing our lives away ( quite a few documents to be signed before we could hit the runway) we went out to meet our airplane! Our TINY little airplane awaited us on the runway and Suri's face lit up with a huge smile! Justin showed Suri around the airplane and explained the wings, doors, controls and also equipped us with headphones. Suri and Justin sat up front and I squished in the back seat. The plane was mighty tiny but Suri was thrilled. Since I was unable to see her face throughout the flight, Justin took some photos of Suri flying for me. She was all smiles and attentively looked out the window at the houses and pools below.
After flying for about 1/2 hour, we turned around and headed back toward the runway. Suri would have loved to fly longer, she thought it was a lot of fun. As soon as we stopped and Justin turned off the plane Suri immediately said " that was amazing". Hearing her say those words was the best "thank you" I could have asked for. She LOVED it and I am so happy this opportunity worked out for us. That is what life is all about... live in the moment and make the best of what you have when you have it.
 |
| plane ticket and her lovey in hand |
 |
| my view of suri from the backseat... non existent :) |
 |
| Suri bent down and posed just like Justin did :-) |
Such an amazing experience... The next morning, Suri woke up and said Mommy, now maybe someday we can go on a helicopter....!!! I couldn't help but laugh. This girl is going to keep me on my toes; she's full of wonder and loves a good adventure.
Happy Birthday Little Girl. May you spread your wings and always fly where you want to go. I love you and am so happy to ride with you through your journey of life!
No comments:
Post a Comment