He has Risen Indeed! Happy Easter 2012!
Today started a bit later than I anticipated it to when I went to bed early last night, leaving many last minute Easter preparations to be done bright and early this morning (6am to be exact). I rely on Suri as my alarm clock and I didn't even think twice to the fact that she would wake on on target at 6am, leaving me plenty of time to tie up the loose ends I left the night before. Wrong... 8am is when my little nugget decided to stir. I smiled as I layed in bed listening to her attempt to sing "happy birthday" to her self as she layed in her crib. My smile quickly turned into a screech as soon as I caught a glimpse at the clock that read 8:10am!!! You can use your imagination to envision how the rest of my morning played out.
Church was at 9:30 and thankfully we were meeting our family at Grandpa's church which is literally 2 miles from my house. Suri and I arrived on time and as I sat down in the pew, I just knew the back of my skirt was probably tucked inside my panties, I had gotten ready so fast it was a miracle that my outfit coordinated... finally, an hour to somewhat relax... or not. Suri was miss antsy pants throughout the service and I probably burned about 400 calories just juggling her about. Oh the joys of children and church (wink, wink).
After church, we headed out to Green Acres to spend some time at Mom's grave. I still miss her as much today as I did last year... Suri and Jackson always have a blast at the cemetery. The love to run through the grass and giggle. Their innocence is grounding and feels nice to have them close to Mom. Mom loved Easter. When Suri gets a bit older I want to take her to the sunrise Easter service. It is something Mom always wanted to do and there is not a time I hear about a sunrise service that I don't think of her.
While we were standing near Mom's grave site admiring how nice it looks thanks to my Dad's hard work in keeping the headstone clean, Aunt Ashley looked up at the sun to see a rainbow circling it. Definitely not something you see everyday and I couldn't help but admit the fact that there are angels among us. It was a beautiful and unique sight.
After the cemetery, we all went out to Grandpa's house. The Easter Bunny had come to visit and left Suri and Jackson some goodies in their Easter baskets. Suri and Jackson loved their baskets. Suri went straight to her basket and picked up the Fur Real bunny nestled in the center of the basket. She kissed it on the nose immediately and it was her new forever friend. Nothing else in the basket mattered. Such simplicity...
The kids had a blast picking up the Easter Eggs the bunny left for them in the grass. The eggs had yummy treasures inside them and it didn't take Suri long to figure it out. She loved her marshmallow bunnies and jelly beans~ Mommy couldn't wait to have her brush her teeth after all the sugary snacks she munched on throughout the day ; )
It was a fun day of playing outside, eating a yummy bbq dinner that Grandpa prepared and celebrating Uncle Don and Aunt Ashley's birthdays! The both have a birthday within 2 weeks of each other and since we were all together today, we celebrated it after dinner. Suri was excited to sing "happy birthday" to them and she was especially happy to help them eat their cake and ice cream!
 |
| My first attempt at an Easter picture... |
 |
| Cheezzze |
 |
| The rainbow around the sun |
 |
| I love how they are holding hands... (Jackson is mighty serious!) |
 |
| Growing up |
 |
| Awwh... they melt my heart |
 |
| Happy Easter Mom, we love you! |
 |
| Grammy explaining to Suri why it isn't appropriate to "shred" the lily |
 |
| Aunt Lindsay and cousin Jackson |
 |
| Grandpa, Grammy and Aunt Ashley |
 |
| My little sweetheart |
 |
| Love this photo Aunt Lindsay took with her phone camera! |
 |
| Happy Easter 2012 |
 |
| Suri's Easter Basket from the Easter Bunny |
 |
| She went right to the bunny |
 |
| and kissed it! |
 |
| more kisses |
 |
| opening Easter presents from Grammy |
 |
| She thought it was so funny that she got her own CANDY! |
 |
| She wanted Grandpa to open it and give her some |
 |
| waiting patiently |
 |
| Grammy's bruises are healing |
 |
| Outfits from her Aunties |
 |
| Running in the grass to pick up eggs |
 |
| Jack was using his "bug net" as his basket :) Such a boy! |
 |
| The water was cold! |
 |
| Suri and Grammy |
 |
| Happy Birthday Uncle Don and Aunt Ashley |
 |
| Tarja, Nayyar, and Amalia |
 |
| Ice cream and cake time! |
 |
| Me and Grandma |
 |
| Tarja and Amalia |
It was another special day with our family altogether we were happy to have Tarja, Nayyar and Amalia be apart of it. Suri fell fast asleep on our drive home tonight and I couldn't help but take a moment when I was taking her out of her car seat, carrying her limp body in my arms, to thank God for the best gift I have ever received; Suri Rose. She is what makes the days worth while and I am so happy when I know she has had a special day.
Christ the Lord has Risen indeed. Alleluia....
No comments:
Post a Comment