Our little miracle

Saturday, April 14, 2012

The sound of "Suri"

Saturday sure seem to come and go faster than any other day of the week! Today was fun day and a day that highlighted the lightning speed at which Suri is growing. Lately Suri is attempting to do a lot of "new" things, many of which make me laugh as I hug her and congratulate her in her attempts. Lately, Suri has started to pay close attention to when I say I have to go potty. Going to the bathroom in private has been a thing of the past for quite some time however just recently it has become an actual "production"... you can use your imagination as to what that exactly means but I just keep telling myself, she is "learning". . . eventually this will pay off! Today, Suri wanted me to get out her potty chair (that normally resides in the guest bathroom-). She too wanted to go potty (or as she says "pae pae"). So I brought her pottychair to my bathroom where I could monitor her as I continued to get ready. Suri then practiced sitting on the potty. She of course demanded my undivided attention therefore my "getting ready" for the day was a bit delayed by this process... As she sat on her potty chair, she would occasionally peer through her legs to see if anything exciting was happening then she would look up at me and hold her hands palm side up as if to say "I don't know". It was pretty funny watching her get on and off the potty, she was pretty determined! After a few minutes of that, she decided she needed some toilet paper. I got her her own roll and she knew just what to do with it! She pretty much has the whole technique down to a science!  The only thing that was missing was the actual POTTY! Oh well, she had fun and practice will eventually make perfect...right?


Such a big girl! (not sure if you can see all the bruises on her bare little legs!)
 This poor kiddo and her porcelin skin!

You can see the toilet paper stuffed between her legs!

Using her toilet paper : )

She kept getting up to look in the potty to see if anything came out! It was hilarious!

Suri's braid :)
 (She sits so still and lets me briad her hair... Im taking full advantage of her cooperation!)

Suri had her Gymboree class this morning and as we were walking up the steps to Gymboree, we were practicing saying different words.  Earlier this week Suri looked at one of her little friends in daycare, pointed to him and said " Kye". I was shocked that she actually "labeled" someone! The only person she has ever called by name, besides me is her cousin Jack. I was so happy to her her say Kye!  Anyway, back to Gymboree...as we were walking up the steps to Gymboree I asked Suri to say her name. Normally whenever I ask her to say Suri, she points to her self but never attempts to say her name. Today was different. I said " Suri, can you say Suri?"  And to my amazement, Suri looks at me in the eyes and says " Sirwee"!!!  I was SO shocked and happy, I cheered outloud!  She now says it every time I ask her to : ) 
" Sirwee"!  SO CUTE!

After Gymboree, Suri and I headed out to Goodyear as my hair was almost past the point of needing a full makeover! Suri spent a couple of hours with her Aunt Ashley and Uncle Don while I attended to my grey hair! Suri had fun playing on the playground near their house and she was super brave on the jungle gym. It was definitely one for big kids but Suri had no fear, she was going to try it all.  The weather was pretty cold today and we took full advantage of the overcast day as the HOT weather is due to return next week.


Her facination with rocks...









Playing "tickle monster"

My little Monkey!



I was sitting on the other side... it was like a see saw. Suri held on and didn't fall off! yay!


I LOVE this kid!

Peek a Boo!




All in all, today was another beautiful Saturday. Suri's little personality is developing faster than I can keep up with and her energy definitely has me worn out by the end of the day. After I wrap up this post, Im going to go tuck in my little nugget ( make sure Sleeping Beauty hasn't kicked off all her blankets) and call it a night. Tomorrow will be here before I know it : )

No comments:

Post a Comment