Happy Cinco de Mayo and Happy 19 months Suri Rose!
Suri is officially capable of opening and closing most of the doors in the house, as well as is able to LOCK them! Yes, I found this out the hard way the other day when I went to take a bag of garbage out to the trash. Suri was playing in the kitchen and I told her I would be right back as I exited the house through the door to the garage. When I tried to get back in the house, I found the door to be LOCKED. I momentarily freaked out and vigorously tried to open the door as I tried to coax Suri to UNlock the door. Yah right... that most definitely did not work. Once the fog cleared from my head, I realized my keys were in my truck! Thank God! I used the keys to open the door and there I found my little girl a sobbing mess. She had started to cry so hard that she was sobbing. It broke my heart to see her so scared and confused but also planted the seed in my head to make sure I always have an access point into the house as well as to each of the rooms of the house. Sheeesh, I feel like I'm getting too old for these unexpected heart attacks!
One exciting milestone Suri reached this past month is that she has said "good bye" to her pacifiers! I am so proud of her and didn't anticipate it to be as easy as it was. Basically, one night a couple of weeks ago, we were getting ready for bed (Suri lays with me in my bed until she falls asleep and then I transfer her to her crib) and Suri was armed with her paci and her lovey. She had an extra paci that she offered to me and I told her, "Mommy is going to kiss paci goodbye and put it in your crib", Suri immediately popped the paci she had in her mouth out and gave it a kiss and handed it to me. As I started to hand it back to her, the little voice in my head convinced me to play along... I took both pacis into her room and set them on her dresser. I promised myself at that very moment that if Suri fell asleep without it, that would be the end of the pacis... sure enough less than 15 minutes later, Suri was sound asleep armed with only her lovey. She has not had a paci since.
I am faced with the reality of Suri growing up each and every day as she is constantly amazing me with her capabilities. One day I was putting her shoes on and I normally count while I am doing it (not sure why) and I started to count "Onnnne" Suri then said "TWO" and looked up at me and said "yay"! I was so excited and happy. She now does this all the time and will occasionally add a "three" in there : ) Suri gets excited about so many things. She is at the point where she drwas out her "yeahs" in different pitches and volumes.
" Suri, do you want some applesauce?"
"Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhh"
" Suri, do you want to talk to Grammy?"
"Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhh"
She is becoming quite bossy as well... she routinely takes my by the hand and leads me to where it is that she wants me to be and tells me to "SIT" as she pats the spot on the carpet that she wants me to sit. Her imagination runs wild at times and it is so gratifying to see her creativity emerge. Before I know it, we will be having full on conversations with each other. I will ask her if she wants something and she will shake her head and tell me "no" (pair the "no" with a head shake and sometimes a pointed finger) as funny as it is most of the time these days, I know it will not be so funny when she is older!
Suri still loves to be outside and would play outdoors all day if I would let her. She loves to go to school and even has a little boyfriend named "Kye". Kye and Suri have been in daycare together since they were in the infant room and Kye was the first friend Suri identified by name. She lights up when Kye arrives in the mornings. It really is so cute to see how happy he makes her : ) One of these days I need to take a picture of the two of them together.
Suri loves to sing Happy Birthday to people (mainly to Kye) but her second favorite person to sing to is to her Grandpa. I hear her singing 'Happy Birthday" as she plays with her toys, while she is in the bath, while we are driving in the car, while we are singing songs before bed. . . She is obsessed with this song and apparently gets this song stuck in her head on multiple occasions throughout the day.
Suri's appetite continues to decrease and she now lets me know what she wants, doesn't want, when she is finished, and when she wants a snack. She still eats well, just much smaller portions. Thankfully Suri will "try" almost anything even if she doesn't eat past the initial bite. Fruit, Milk, Mac n Cheese, yogurt, scrambled eggs, and applesauce are all foods that are sure to please and are a last resort if my dinner selection fails.
Suri continues with her weekly physical therapy sessions with Jacki. She is doing so well and I am so proud of how far she has come. Suri's SMO orthotics still fit (amazingly enough) and I will continue to have her wear this pair until she outgrows them. They are helping her ankles to remain in alignment and Suri is so used to them and probably wont know what to do without them : )
I find myself constantly running my fingers through her curls, hugging her a million times a day, and kissing her cute cheeks until she pushes me away. Suri has an independent streak (hmm…wonder where that comes from?), and it’s getting stronger every day. She is still so much fun and excels at keeping me on my feet. The reality is I am loosing my little baby to a smart, confident and capable little girl who's personality bubbles over with joy and love for life. I am so incredibly blessed to be the mother of this child. Suri, I love you more than you will ever be able to understand.








No comments:
Post a Comment