The sun has finally set on what was nothing short of a gorgeous Memorial Day Weekend. This long weekend arrived sooner than I thought it would and therefore I didn't really "plan" any thing in particular. The weather was absolutely perfect, felt like Southern California on Saturday and Suri and I took full advantage. She and I spent most of the morning at the Railroad park ( I figured we should try to do something that we haven't been able to do due to the heat). After about 3 hours there, she was in desperate need of a nap and we headed home. Later in the afternoon, we went up to spent some time with Grammy as Grandpa was out of town this weekend.
The weather was cool enough for Suri to be able to wear her leggings under her dress. I figured one last hurrah with them as they will need to be tucked away as the heat id due to return... Also, regarding the hat... Suri has a thing with hats and this morning before we left for the park, she stood in my closet looking up and the top shelf pointing to my hats. She was adamant that she was going to wear one. I found one that at least color coordinated with her dress and cinched it up as tight as it would go and it fit! (sort of). She was perfectly content with it and wore it all day : )
 |
| Still loves to swing |
 |
| She was good at the rock wall |
 |
| All abord the choo choo train |
 |
| Suri throwing an exaggerated tantrum - on the ground- in front of hundreds of people (the line for the train was off to the right and I swear everyone in line was looking at her! |
 |
| Dinner at Macayo's. |
 |
| Ready to jump! |
 |
| Going... Going... |
 |
Gone!
Suri loved it! |
Today, we spent the morning at the Scottsdale Quarter Splash Pad. Suri had fun with Jackson and Amalia and she met quite a few new friends (Suri is quite the social butterfly and made her rounds saying "hello" to all the families as we waited for the water to turn on). One lady asked her her name and for the first time (at least that I have heard her answer) she answered "SURI" as she pointed to herself. Her vocabulary continues to blossom and it seems like every morning when she wakes up, she says about 10 new things!
 |
| My little bumble bee waiting for the splash pad to activate |
 |
| Another tantrum... on the ground... |
 |
| Peanut butter and honey : ) |
 |
Cousins
(yes the guy in the back ground had on multi colored shorts!) |
 |
| Lindsay, Ashley and Tarja |
 |
| Jack and Amalia |
 |
| This photo captures the mood perfectly! |
I definitely could use more LONG weekends like this... it was nice to have a break from work as well as from our normal schedule. Suri is finally asleep after her fun filled weekend. She has been having a bit of trouble going to sleep these past few days. I have always layed with her in my bed until she falls asleep (which usually took about 5 minutes) and then transferred her to her crib however lately, Suri wants to toss and turn and flip and flop and have me sing song after song to her before she falls asleep. So tonight, after bout 1/2 hour of laying next to her (while I am thinking of the million things I still need to be doing before I can go to bed! ) asking her to "please lay still and go to sleep" and her responding by jumping in the bed and occasionally kicking me in the head, I told her she needs to go to sleep by herself and I got up and left the bedroom. After a moment of silence (I'm sure she was in pure shock that I actually got up and left her... alone... in the dark....) she whimpered for a minute before silence filled the air... I no longer hear her in there so I assume she is asleep... crazy girl. She has had me wrapped around her finger (as apparently she is quite capable of falling asleep all by herself!) Hmm... maybe this will be our transitional phase to her big girl bed... (my little girl is definitely growing up... siggghhhhh)
No comments:
Post a Comment