Our little miracle

Friday, May 4, 2012

1st day of swimming lessons

As promised, I snapped this picture of Suri as we were headed out the door for her first official day of swimming lessons at Aqua Safe. When Suri woke up this morning, I began to prepare her that we were going to go back to swimming today and that we were going to have so much fun! At times she would agree with hesitation as I am sure she was remembering back to last week. When we arrived in the parking lot and I opened the door to take Suri out of her car seat, she looked at where we were and shook her head saying "no". Fortunately she was easy to convince that we were going to go have fun and blow bubbles in the water like Dora. Once we were in the water, she was eager to do everything asked of her. She went under water, practiced pulling her self out of the pool, floated on her back and of course, once again she drank 1/2 the pool!  Her belly was so distended and firm, even the teacher said I don't need to have her go under water any more ( the class was basically over by that time) as we were afraid Suri might throw up. Luckily we finished the class with no surprises and Suri seemed quite proud of herself! Its amazing what a difference I saw from last week to this week!



After a nice long afternoon nap, Suri and I headed over to Wendy and Jim's house for a BBQ. My long time friend Jennifer Smith was in town for a brief vacation and Jim and Wendy were gracious enough to invite a bunch of Jennifer's friends over for dinner. It was great to see Jennifer again and I am glad she was finally able to meet Suri. It is hard to believe Jennifer and I have been friends for 12 years! wow!  It was somewhat difficult to juggle Miss Independence as well as try to hold a conversation with any of the adults- ha,  and come 8pm, Suri was definitely past the point of tired and we had to head home. It was nice to have a chance to see some of our friends and as always, Thank you to Jim and Wendy for their scrumptious BBQ dinner :)

Jennifer


Suri playing with some of the other kids that were at dinner


Suri with Eli and his Daddy Joseph


Mr. Eli

Suri with Eli and his Mommy, Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment