It took a little over an hour to get there and for some reason, the picture I had imagined in my mind was definitely not our reality when I arrived... I had imagined, parking... walking into the little AIRCONDITIONED cottage store, leisurly looking through the jars of jams and spreads... selecting what I would like to munch on.... and leaving. WRONG.
First of all, sitting in the 1/2 hour line of bumper to bumper traffic should have given me some idea of what was to come... once we were in the front gate of the farm, we wound around and around trying to find a place to park. Once we parked, we started our hike... out to the trees where we PICK OUR OWN peaches!!! My goodness, I had Suri dressed in a little sundress, no hat and of course no sunscreen (as I had no idea we were to be outside ALL DAY!). Thankfully I had some sunscreen in the diaper bag as the hike across the parking lot was long enough for me to get burned! ha. I am so glad I left the stroller in the car from the night before or Im not exactly sure what we would have done as it was quite the hike out to the peach trees and I doubt I could have carried Suri the whole way along with our box of peaches we were to pick.
After innocently searching through the trees to find the perfect peaches we made our way to the "little cottage store" LINE (of what seemed like hundreds of people). Everyone seemed to have the same bright idea I did today in comming out to Schnepf Farm. The line was LONG, the store was tiny and definitely not stroller friendly : )
Thankfully Suri was an ANGEL throughout the entire visit at Schneps Farm. She must have felt badly for me as I am sure she noticed I was somewhat unprepared.
After it was all said and done, Aunt Lindsay, Suri and I left for home with some hand picked peaches, and a bunch of other goodies that were all peachy, some sun kissed skin and dirty shoes! It was an interesting day at the farm. Next time, I promise to come prepared.
| And so our day begins... |
| Suri on her first Peach pickin adventure... |
| Im sure Suri was thinking... "this sure isn't Trader Joe's" |
| Taste testing |
| Life's a PEACH |
No comments:
Post a Comment