Once again, I am unable to find the perfect words that summarize the feelings I have for you. There are no words that can accurately emphasize how grateful I am to be your Mommy. You are the reason this special day now applies to me and I am so very thankful God chose you to be my daughter. Today was another beautiful day and I am thankful to have been surrounded by our family. One very special person was unable to be with us today Suri, your Grandma Diane. My heart ached today in remembrance of her. She would have been so very proud of the little girl you are becoming. You and Jackson brightened her world and I look forward to the day we are all united again. Thank you Suri for being you and for enriching my world. I love you a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck!
Today, our family came over to our house for a homemade breakfast! Remember the peaches we picked yesterday... well today, you helped Mommy wash them and get them ready to add to the pancakes that we made for breakfast. You helped me choose the eggs that we made for breakfast and loved taste testing along the way. Once everyone arrived, you sat with your cousin Jackson and ate the yummy breakfast/ brunch. After everyone finished their meal, we gave Grammy her "peach" basket of goodies that we selected at the Farm yesterday. Your Aunties helped you sign a special card for me and gave me a special picture frame with our photo in it. It was a special time and I couldn't help but say a silent prayer thanking God for choosing me to be your Mommy.
We all took a trip down to Green Acres to spend some time at your Grandma Diane's grave. You were so sleepy and fell asleep in your car seat on the car ride over. Smart girl... it was quite hot outside so we didn't stay very long. I am still so sad that your Grandma Diane is no longer with us. It just doesn't seem real. There are so many days that you do something exciting and I wish I could call my Mom to tell her about it. She loved you Suri so very much.
We then went our to Grandpas house to spend the rest of the afternoon. You and Jackson had so much fun swimming in the pool. You are getting so brave Suri and you loved to go under the water. You felt so sure of yourself that you went under water so many times, a couple of times you took me by surprise! You are my little fishy (who can't quite swim!) and hopefully one of these days you will stop drinking to pool water (yuck!). Your belly gets so full of pool water it looks like it is going to pop! You and Grammy ate lots of peach snacks and you thought it was so funny to splash Grammy over and over again! You definitely cooled her off as the water was still somewhat chilly (at least to Mommy...).
When it came time for bed, you were overly tired and had a bit of a tough time settling down. You kept asking me to sing "E-I-E-I-O", AKA Old Mac Donald's Farm over and over and over again... I sang it so many times I was running out of animals to add to the farm! You finally settled down and found a comfy spot among the pillows to go to sleep. Your lovey clutched in your arms and all the covers kicked off. I couldn't help but take advantage of the moment to pick you up and hold you. You are a difficult one to cuddle these days when you are awake... you always want to be on the go and kisses are hard to come by unless they are your idea : ) But at night time, you surrender in your slumber and you will always be my baby girl who has the ability to melt my heart when I hold you. You are everything I always wanted and I love you more than words can express.
Thank you for making today special Suri, I had a wonderful Mother's Day.
Love,
Mommy
| Playing with your Uncle Don |
| Grammy with her "peach" basket |
| Happy Mother's Day indeed! |
| Swinging with Grandpa |
| Your cousin doesn't look to thrilled with you! |
No comments:
Post a Comment