Our little miracle

Friday, June 22, 2012

1st Potty in the Potty Chair

Suri has been interested in her potty chair for the past couple of months... utilizing it more to "copy" her mommy with no real "results" to say the least. Unraveling the toilet paper is always more than 1/2 the fun! But today, Suri had a surprise in store for Mommy...

Suri had her swimming lesson this morning (in which she did AWESOME!) and was beyond tired after it was over. She went down for her nap at 11:15 and woke up at 3:20 DRY!!!  When I noticed her diaper was dry, I asked her if she wanted to try to go potty on her potty chair, and as always, she eagerly agreed!
Armed with Elmo and a baby doll, my sleepy little 20 month old sat on her potty chair. We waited... and waited... and waited...   I knew she surely had to go as it had been nearly 4 hours since she last went. But we waited...
I needed to go let one of the dogs outside (who must have caught onto our "wish for potty") and when I returned, Suri was standing near her potty chair and there in the bowl was a miraculous sight.... POTTY!!!  I shrieked in excitement!!!  I think I became a bit too excited as Suri wasn't quite sure what had happened. I was SO SO SO excited and proud of her!  Of course I had to go and grab the camera... as this was indeed a Kodak Moment! As you can see in the photos, Suri still wasn't too sure of what had just happened...

After we called Suri's Aunties and Grammy to share Suri's big news, we headed over to see Grammy. Suri and I went swimming and after dinner, Suri enjoyed some yummy ice cream with her Grammy at Baskin Robbins.

Later this evening, I was giving Suri her breathing treatment and while she breathes her treatment in and out through her spacer, I always count to ten... I proceeded to count as I always to and when I got to "five", Suri said "six"... I then said "seven" and Suri said "eight.......... nine......... ten".  I almost fell over!  I was so shocked that she counted like that and for the second time today, I shrieked with excitement!!!  I am so proud of my little "Punkey". Suri has taken to this nick name and goes around saying "I Punkey"... she is so darn cute!

Today was such a good day. Suri was on excellent behavior and continues to surprise her momma with all her capabilities!  I'm not sure if Suri will continue to go on the potty on a regular basis however I will encourage her as much as I can. It would be so much more fun to buy little panties than diapers! ha
1st Potty in her Potty Chair!
Armed with her Elmo and her baby doll : )


Going for a swim
(I know, she shouldn't have her water wings on, especially since we are in swimming lessons!)

Loves her Independence in the water!



Such an awesome kiddo!

Practicing floating on her back... the exercise Suri dreads the most during swimming lessons!

one more attempt...

Insert Mommys voice...
" Suri, please don't drink the pool water..." 
Suri: gulp
Mommy: sigh....

My little lady bug



"Awesome job today kiddo, keep up the good work!"
"Mommy loves you oodles and oodles!"

No comments:

Post a Comment