Our little miracle

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Fairwell crib

As bed time approached, Suri and I headed toward her rocking chair to begin our semi new bedtime routine of going "rocky rocky while singing E-I-O" aka, Old Mc Donald's Farm. Suri has loved being rocked to sleep for the past week or so which all started after our trip to the cabin a few weeks ago. No more laying in Mommy's bed... alone... falling asleep on her own.

Suri's respiratory infection completely got the best of her this past week and she ended up trialing Albuterol 4 x per day along with Pulmicort 2x per day- Albuterol did noting but bring out the devil in her! Poor Suri was bouncing off the walls and couldn't sleep or concentrate to say the least. Going to school was all but fun as Suri was bitten 2x as well as bit 2 x (in 4 separate days!)  We tried to avoid the oral steroids but as of yesterday, Suri went back on Zithromax and Orapred (hands in the air with a crooked frown on my face) . Fortunately, this morning she was like a new child. She had had a restful night (finally) and was calm and focused. I must say, the steroids work every time. I am thankful they exist however pray Suri doesn't become dependant on them every time she gets a respiratory infection.

Back to the topic of my post...

As I was rocking Suri to sleep tonight, I sat staring at her crib. The crib that I thought was the most beautiful crib the day I purchased it. I remember thinking that "this will be the crib I lay MY baby girl down to sleep in". I was so proud to own this beautiful sleigh crib.  Fast forwarding 20 plus months to the last night Suri will be sleeping in this crib. I have decided Suri is ready to sleep in a big bed and will taking down her crib tomorrow and setting up a queen size bed for her. Tonight was the last night I will have layed Suri down to sleep in her crib... the memories of her in her crib for the very first time are just as fresh as yesterday... I can't believe how fast the time has gone.

It is funny the little things that trigger such big emotions. Why I am sad about taking down her crib has me baffled. The fact that it absolutely breaks my back each and every time I go to lift my 34 pound Nugget out of it each morning... or lay her sleeping, limp body down in it every night.... I grimace in pain. No more of that as of tomorrow. I am sure it is just the thought of associating a "crib" with a "baby" and the reality presenting itself crystal clear once again, that my "baby" is no longer truly a "baby"!  Suri is growing up in so many ways and this is just one more transition that will end up being harder for Mommy than it is for Suri : )

Suri was playing in her crib this evening and I figured I had better snap a couple of photos of her in her crib for the last night...


I absolutely adore her crib and her bedding

And I absolutely adore this little girl even more!

So big now!

Little stinker!
Thankfully she never got further than this move in trying to escape the crib...

Tomorrow Uncle Don and Aunt Ashley are coming over to help me set up the queen size bed in her room. Hopefully all will go smoothly and Suri will enjoy her new bed as well as some extra sleeping space.

No comments:

Post a Comment