Tonight we celebrated Fathers Day at Ah SO sushi and steak. We all wanted to go someplace a bit different than our typical "Mexican food restaurant" and we thought that Suri and Jackson might enjoy the show of the chef cooking on the table. Fathers Day is being celebrated early for our family this year as Dad will not be here next weekend. It is the weekend of his wedding and he will be with his new bride in Alaska.
I was running errands this afternoon with Suri and we had a few last minute stops to make to complete the gifts we gave to Dad/ Grandpa when I had an idea to go grab some Sprinkles cupcakes. I thought they would be good for dessert (as they are my FAVORITE ) and Suri is always up for a cupcake. As soon as the thought entered my mind, it was immediately followed by the dismissal of the idea as I reminded myself that Mom doesn't like really Sprinkles cupcakes... Mom... she is no longer with us... not sure when the day will come that I thoughts like these stop coming to my mind. Mom is gone, Dad is moving on and I feel stuck (as Suri would say). The reality of this point forward is finally magnified and I cant truly envision how the future will look. I know it is unnecessary to stress about the "what ifs" as the only one who knows how things will turn out is God. I am definitely at a point where I need to let go and let God. Being a good role model for Suri is what matters now and attitude is everything. It is so much easier to type this advice than it is to take it and model it....
Happy Father's Day Dad/ Grandpa. We all love you very much.
Ah SO Sushi and Steak
Norterra
 |
| Our Chef |
 |
| I wish she would listen to ME this intently : ) |
 |
| Grammy with her new "Up Do" : ) |
 |
| Multi tasking... eating sushi with chop sticks (wink) and playing the iPad |
 |
| Flipping a piece of steak into Jacksons mouth |
 |
| Suri wasnt too sure what to think about her food being on fire! She kept saying "hot"!! |
 |
| Nuggs was getting very tired... |
 |
| Best Grandpa in the world : ) |
 |
| Grandpa opening the gift from Suri and Jackson |
 |
| A picture of the two of them up at the cabin... |
 |
| Opening his pocket knife from his 3 girls |
 |
| It is definitely a sharp one! |
 |
Dressed in jammies and fast asleep...
Good night Grandpa ("Pa Paww")
Suri love's you!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment