Our little miracle

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Big Girl Bed

We did it! Suri's crib is down and her big girl bed is all set up in her bedroom. It is definitely a BIG queen size bed and takes up 90% of her bedroom. Thankfully her toys reside in her toy room otherwise there would be no space for them in her room. Uncle Don came over on Friday to help me move the furniture and set up the bed. Things went "fairly" smoothly aside from a minor "dent" in the wall thanks to the headboard falling and almost causing our demise.... anyway, after that minor scare, the bed went together without a hitch and Suri was in love with her huge trampoline! ha

I didn't know how Suri would respond at bedtime but she wanted to go "rocky rocky" just like our normal routine. Once she fell asleep I transferred her to her new bed and said a prayer that she wouldn't fall out. Of course Suri seemed to sleep fine throughout the night ( I on the other hand was up pretty much every hour checking to make sure she hadn't fallen out!).

This morning, Suri woke up around 6:30 ( not too abnormally early) and was chattering away in her bed (she didn't attempt to get out... yet). When I walked in all excited to see and hug my BIG girl, she pointed to the door and told me to "Go Away". I must say, my heart was somewhat broken but on the other hand I was pleased to see that she and her new bed were going to get along just fine....

Here is a photo right after Uncle Don and I finished setting up her bed.

Her leg is once again in the air!

Here are a couple of photos of her this morning. ( Disregard the wall art, I haven't had a chance to re arrange things to fit now that her bed is up)
"I'm a BIG girl now!"

Suri couldn't wait to bring her Zebra to bed. She LOVES this Zebra

This is how Suri came into greet me this morning!
She had gone in her jewelry box and "accessorized" all on her own. She cracks me up!
(shh, we won't tell her that her sunglasses are upside down...)

Miss Suri,
I want to let you know a little something about your new bedding...your Grandma Diane bought you your cute polka dot bedspread before you were born. She was so excited to help me pick out things to decorate your room while I was still pregnant with you.  I am so thankful we have this bedding as it reminds me so much of your Grandma. You are growing so quickly and have outgrown many of the things your Grandma helped me pick out for you. The bed itself used to be my bed Suri and your Grandma and I picked it out for me years ago...It is so comforting to know that you are just growing INTO your new room and I know your Grandma would be so proud of you. I hope you love your new bed and even though your are "so big", you will always be my baby...
I love you Nugget.
Love, Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Shannon, her bed turned out beautiful! I can't believe how quickly she is growing! It's nice to see the bedding that your Mom picked out for her. I know she is smiling down on you two. Suri is such a beautiful girl. I'm proud of you.
    -Crystal

    ReplyDelete