This afternoon Suri and I went to visit some of our friends for a BBQ dinner. Kelly and Cara invited us over to their house along with Leslie, Lois and Greg. It was nice to see everyone again as it has been over 1 year since Suri and I have seen everyone. They normally get together for dinner during the week however with my work schedule and Suri's preference for a 7pm bedtime, it makes it too difficult for us to coordinate to meet up with them. Suri enjoyed playing with all the Border Collies ( Kelly runs the AZ Border Collie Rescue and what would be a "rescue" without a TON of Border Collies?!?!) and swimming in the pool. She didn't have much of an appetite when it came to BBQ chicken but pretzels seemed to satisfy her palate for the time being...
Kelly and Cara's house is on Redfield road and is located right across the street from the house I lived in when I was little! It was so neat to drive up and see my old house, I had to take a picture : )
 |
The house I lived in when I was little...
4324 East Redfield Road |
 |
| Captain Kelly |
 |
| a few of the crew |
 |
| Leslie, Lois, Greg |
 |
| It was so hot outside that even the pool water was warm! |
 |
| Suri thought Greg was pretty cool |
Suri was a good girl for most of our time there. She did however have to reveal her tantrum capability a couple of times. Luckily, Leslie saved the day by taking Suri on a mini scavenger hunt around the back yard while giving Mommy a much needed 5 minute break (wink wink). Too bad she couldn't have come home with us tonight . . . as once we were home the saga continued. Miss Suri decided to appeal everything she was asked to do and spent more time on the floor in a tantrum than anywhere else. The final straw that called for an early bed time was when Suri decided to repeatedly kick me throughout her diaper change (something she has started to do routinely these days). After wrestling her into a dry diaper and pajamas I put her in her bed, told her "good night" and closed her bedroom door. She was asleep within 15 minutes and finally the house is somewhat silent...
Suri is normally 90% angel and 10% terror (wink) however lately, it seems like the days are 50/50... I'm sure I have said this before, but I am dreading her teenage years...
No comments:
Post a Comment