Our little miracle

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Imagination Avenue

It is hard to believe we are officially 1/2 way through 2012! This is the last Saturday in June and it has been so incredibly hot outside that finding things to do inside are about our only option! This morning, Suri and I met Aunt Ashley at Imagination Avenue. It is a little place that had been recommended to me from a couple of my co workers who have children around Suri's age. I decided we might as well try it out today. The place wasn't "exactly" what I had in mind (nothing like rickety old wood huts, with ancient toys that could use a good cloroxing- ha) however, Suri seemed to enjoy herself- Aunt Ashley, not so much : ) Suri enjoyed playing in the different rooms and of course, prefered the bakery, doctors office and grocery store to all the other options (such as the police station, home depot, and firestation). She is total girl, thats for sure. I know Suri would enjoy visiting again now that she has somewhat familiarized herself with the place and next time, Mommy will remember to bring socks! (It is a shoe free environment however if you forget your socks (or only bring one pair that you let your sister borrow-ha), you can go barefoot. As the germ a phobe I am, I was throughly disgusted that people were walking around barefooted while little ones were crawling around the carpet.... aaack!!)- Anyway, Im sure no one has ever died from going barefoot at Imagination Avenue, but just in case, I will remember to bring extra socks next time!

Dr Suri


Suri's Bakery : )



I guess she was trying to duplicate what Mommy's kitchen looks like after perparing a meal that no one eats... ha ha



At the Market

Puzzles and Colored pencils

Suri LOVED this money. She carried it around with her practically the whole time :)

This was a friendly little baby - she kept coming up to me, with her paci dragging on the ground as she crawled... (germs, germs, germs, ) here I was trying to tuck her paci up so it wouldn't drag on the ground.


Suri ran around and around this place pushing her cart full of groceries.




She shops like Mommy... zoom zoom!



Yesterday, Suri and I went out to Grandpa's house for a family pool party. We hadn't seen Grandpa since he had returned from Alaska ( married) and Suri was looking forward to going swimming! She was happy to see her Grandpa and her Uncle Don (Uncle Nah nee- is how Suri now says his name). She had a blast swimming in the pool and jumping off the spa platform into the pool with Jackson. She is my little dare devil and like her Mommy, has no fear of heights! yay!  Hopefully she will stay like that and one day we will be able to ride the rollercoasters together!
Suri enjoyed her first corn on the cob at dinner and loved every last bite of it. With it as hot as it is outside, Im surprised the corn on the cob hadn't already turned into POPCORN! (wink wink)
















Eating more "cob" than corn : )

No comments:

Post a Comment