PROCEED WITH CAUTION . . . (mismatched clothing ahead!!!)
Please disregard the outfit miss Suri is wearing in her "First Steps" photos! We had a diaper mishap in the pants she was wearing originally and the ones in the photo were "temporary" bottoms until the ones that matched her outfit were washed. Would't you know, my daughter would look like a "goof" when it comes time to capture one of her most significant milestones on camera!!! ha! I am just thankful I was present to watch her take her first steps! Yay Suri Rose! Mommy is so proud of you and your determination!
I decided to keep going with Suri's monthly photos. She continues to grow and change so quickly, I want to continue to capture each moment that I can.
This is the outfit she SHOULD have been modeling in the photos of her first steps (wink, wink)! I couldn't decide which photo I liked better so I included captions on 2 of them :)
Let's see, what has Suri been up to this past month... she will be officially transitioned to the "toddler" classroom this coming Monday. We have been going slow with her transition as not to overwhelm her by tossing her too quickly into a room full of toddling, talking, sleep deprived, hair pulling little munchkins! It is quite a difference from the infant room but an exciting opportunity for Suri to keep busy. She seems to really enjoy her new friends and it is fun to watch her explore new things as she watches and learns from the other classmates.
Aside from her strep throat/ pneumonia that we are finally on the hind end of (fingers crossed), Suri is FINALLY sleeping through the night in her own bed! (Insert choir of angels singing A-le-lujah)!!! By through the night, I mean from 7pm until about 5:30am. On the days we don't have to get up to go to work/school, she will wake around 5:30 or 6 am, drink a bottle and will fall back asleep for an hour or so. I must admit, I now have a difficult time sleeping in a stretch longer than 3 hours as it has been well over 1 year since I have had that luxury.
Suri's tummy is still not accepting of milk and therefore she has transitioned from breast milk to soy milk. She seems to be able to tolerate dairy in very small quantities but a glass of milk is a major no no... Suri doesn't seem to mind, she drinks soy milk like a champ and enjoys bites of yogurt and cheese here and there. Hopefully this is something she will outgrow as she gets older. We will just have to wait and see.
Last month, Suri was beginning to say quite a few words however recently she has been more on the quiet side. She no longer says many of the words she started to say. Her main word of the week is "stay" she proudly tells the dogs to "stay" on their bed : ) Suri is able to sign the word "more" and she will occasionally shake her head "no" (compliments of the toddler room- ha).
All in all she continues to make me laugh and sit back in awe of her capabilities. She is one determined little girl and I continue to be so proud of her.




No comments:
Post a Comment