It is definitely the little things in our life that make life big! Suri continues to emphasize this perspective on a daily basis. This morning, she woke up at 4:30 am, only to potty and soon return to sleep until almost 7:30 am! For that, I was truly grateful (especially since my head did not hit the pillow last night until around 3:30 am!!) Suri remembered our conversation last night about preparing green beans for today's Thanksgiving meal and she was ready to get started as soon as her feet hit the floor! She is definitely always eager to help and when she is a bit older, I am looking forward to spending afternoons volunteering our time serving the less fortunate.
Today, Stan and Shirley as well as Nayyar joined us for our Thanksgiving lunch. Tarja and Amalia were in San Francisco so we were happy to have him join us for the afternoon. Uncle Don had to work so we missed seeing and spending time with him.
As we sat down to eat, I knew that this was probably our last Thanksgiving we would spend as a family in Dad's house and this realization is somewhat bitter sweet. I am sure this home will be sold by next year and am certain everyone will be in a new place in their lives... without Mom here, the holidays do not feel the same as they used to and I am still searching for a way to bring the magic back into the season...
| Little Betty Crocker getting ready to make Green Bean casserole |
| a dash of pepper |
| yumm soy sauce! |
| Ready to go in the oven |
| Grandpa mashing potatoes |
| The good ol days... |
| Grammy talking with Shirley |
| Stan and Shirley |
| Suri was starving and couldn't wait to eat |
| Are you comfy Suri?!?! |
| not happy that I wouldn't let her go swimming |
Once again, beyond grateful for the blessing the Lord has given us! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:
Post a Comment