Suri turns 9 Months old today and it seems like just yesterday that I was just sitting her typing she was turning 8 months old! My how she is getting to be quite the little girl. Her true colors shine brighter and brighter with each new day and they are the prettiest rainbow I have ever seen. She is the greatest joy in my life and she continues to amaze me.
Some of Suri's mile stones this month are:
She has mastered her sippy cup with a straw. She pretty much had drinking out of a cup down last month but she wouldn't hold it by herself, now she does! She continues to have a healthy appetite and loves chicken, fruit (pineapple, watermelon, and kiwi are her most favorite), green beans (hates peas). She loves toast with jelly, salmon, tuna and tilapia... She will try just about anything and there are few menu items she is not a fan of. She continues to nurse and takes a bottle only when at daycare. This month we will work to transition the pacifier only to her crib... wish me luck there. She isn't one of those children who can not function unless they are sucking on their paci however she definitely yearns for it when she is tired... hopefully I will be able to stay strong and keep it in her crib...
Suri is getting stronger and stronger but still has yet to sit up on her own from laying on her back. She waits and waits for someone to sit her up! She still has little to no interest in rolling over but will play for longer periods of time on her tummy. She is starting to mimic what I say and do and she has mastered "So Big", she proudly stretches her arms as far above as she can as she grins from ear to ear. She is sleeping through the night (for the most part)... if she wakes up, it is usually because she lost her paci, or because her ears hurt...
She is still going to bed by 7pm and waking by 5am or so. She then goes back down for an early morning snooze. I keep telling her it would make it so much easier on both of us if she would just sleep an extra hour. She doesn't seem to agree with me yet...
We seem to finally have her reflux under control... no more hiccups 10 times plus per day or spitting up first thing in the morning. Prevacid 2 x per day seems to be working for us and fingers crossed it continues to do the trick!
Suri truly is an easy baby. Her needs are 99% predictable and she is a go with the flow type baby. She rarely has a bad day and if she does, it is usually because she has an ear infection or because her teeth hurt. Speaking of ear infection... knock on wood, we are on week 3 with NO ear infection. Of course we are scheduled for tubes on Friday but now I am second guessing my decision to place tunes in her ear since we have been infection free now for a while... we will have to wait and see if I go ahead and go through with them on Friday.
I am so glad Suri is out of her Doc Band. It sure did the trick and she didn't seem to mind it until the end when it started to get tight. I am satisfied with the outcome and hopefully one day she will be too!
We have her 9 month check up on the 13th and after meeting with Dr. Engle, I will post her nine month stats!
Here is Nuggs's monthly picture and then of course the images of the past 8 months... she is definitely growing up right before our very eyes.
| 9 months old and SO BIG : ) |
| I love this picture : ) |
No comments:
Post a Comment