Our little miracle

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Wee Ride

This morning we decided to meet Aunt Lindsay and cousin Jackson at PV mall for playtime in the Kids Zone before enjoying lunch at Oregano's. Suri and Jackson had fun playing on the playground equipment (Suri sure wishes she could move around on her own. She gets so frustrated just sitting in the same spot all of the time). Jackson decided we all needed to ride the Choo Choo train that goes all around the mall. It's the train that when I am shopping, I think to myself... how dumb... who wants to ride a train all around the mall!  And now... the day finally came where I am now one of those people riding on the choo choo all around the mall! ha. Suri and Jackson loved it and you can't beat an indoor train ride in the cool air conditioning when it is 105 degrees outside!
After the mall, we took a couple of tired kiddos to eat at Oregano's. There was a new one that opened right next to PV mall so thankfully the kids didn't quite have enough time to fall asleep in the car on the way there. After lunch, Suri didn't make it 5 minutes in the car before she was sound asleep.

After her nap, Suri and I went to pick up our new bike! I have wanted to get a bike for quite some time and have put it off and put it off when finally I decided the time has come... I found a nice Trek Navigator 2.0 and Suri and I went and picked it up today. I ordered Suri a Wee Ride bike seat that attaches to the bike so she can ride in the front of the bike instead of the bike seats that go on the back of the bikes as I figured there is better scenery in the front than sitting in the back looking at my rear end!  We went out to Grandpa's house and installed her seat on the bike and off we went on our first bike ride together!  Boy, it had been a long time since I had ridden a bike but it was fun and I love having Suri ride along with me. Hopefully she and I will have some fun times riding together. The mornings will be perfect to go for a ride before the day gets too hot. We will have to try it out in the morning and see how it goes.

Here are some pictures of Suri at the Mall









These next ones were taken at Oregano's
My favorite little nugget!



Movie Stars?
Suri trying out her bike helmet!
Suri was thinking "another helmet... sheeesh...no fun at all...." ha

Our new bike : )

I hope we have fun together on our new bike. It is definitely an incentive for me to get back into shape as it is no easy task peddling around with a chunky monkey on board : ). . . like Mother like Daughter I guess! ha

No comments:

Post a Comment