Our little miracle

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Cabin time

Yesterday, Suri, Rugger and I took a trip up to the cabin for a quick overnight trip. This was the first time Suri has been to the cabin since she was a couple of months old. Last time she visited, the ground was covered in a blanket of snow. This time, the weather was perfect and a much needed change from the scorching heat of the city.
Suri was a trooper in the truck, basically slept the whole way there and the whole way home another plus to her easy going personality.
When we arrived on Friday morning, Suri and I took full advantage of the beautiful weather and went for a bike ride around the subdivision. Suri loves the bike and chanted her own little song as we rode along the bumpy gravel road.
Friday night, the rest of the family arrived (Grandpa, Great Grandma, Aunt Lindsay, Cousin Jack and the pups Sager and Zoie). It was officially a full cabin.
Suri woke up to greet cousin Jack and they played for a bit before finally calling it a night.

Suri was showing off her flexibility as she rolled around on the carpet ( notice I said ROLLED... yep, Suri  is finally on a roll! and LOVES the fact that she can move a bit!)

Suri and I left the cabin this morning as we had quite a long journey home and then out to Goodyear to pick up Amara and Tecoah who stayed with Auntie Ashley and Uncle Don. Our cabin trip was short but sweet; a much needed escape...


Figuring out a pine needle...









Rugger bug watching the squirrels














If only this picture had sound... the laughter filled the cabin : )








Buddies

Jackson dancing for Suri


Pure determination

I think I can I think I can...

I guess I will just lay here instead...



Jackson LOVES his "Suri Roses" : )


Silly willies


It didn't take Jack too long before he realized he wasn't going to go anywhere...

Great Grandma picking up a bug...

What a sweet boy XoXo

Well, Miss Suri had gone to sleep at 6:30pm this evening and right as I was wrapping up this post, she woke up crying her heart out. She has been doing this on and of the past month or so and I can not figure out why (unless it is related to her teething). She is almost inconsolable when she wakes up like this. No matter what I do, she continues to cry... after about 1/2 hour to an hour ( and sometimes some Motrin), she finally settles down and returns to sleep. It breaks my heart to see her cry such crocodile tears and for a reason I can not not determine... My only guess is that her teeth must be bothering her, as she currently is diligently working on cutting the top two. I can see their tiny white tips peeking through her red and inflamed top gum line. Poor kiddo. It would be one thing if you could just cut the teeth, but the runny nose, congestion and fever on top of it, makes it rough.

Tonight, I finally turned on her Baby Einstein movie for her and she calmed down faster than she usually does. As I type, she is sitting next to me, holding her lovie (her blanket) and sucking away on her pacifier as she watches the little puppets dance across the television screen.... such simplicity...

No comments:

Post a Comment