Our little miracle

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Desert Ridge Splash Pad

The morning started bright and early for Suri and I today ( well, actually it was dark out...) when Suri woke up at 4:30am! I made her lay in bed with me until 5am as I could not peel myself out of bed at 4:30 am to begin the day. At 5am, I decided it was a perfect opportunity to try out our new bike. Off we went for a morning ride. The morning was beautiful, we could still see the moon in the sky and weather couldn't have been nicer. It felt like Suri and I were the only ones who existed as the rest of the world was still sleeping... just us and the bunnies. Suri loved the ride and we pointed to the birds and bunnies as we rode along.

After about 40 minutes, we returned home to make breakfast. Suri is teething and nothing must taste good to her as she spits most everything out. I made eggs, she took one bite and spit them out, yogurt... spit it out, toast... a couple of bites, broccoli...she ate a few bites of that and some cheerios. So much for a yummy breakfast.

After breakfast and playing for a bit, Suri went down for her morning nap which lasted 3 HOURS!!!  She slept and slept. Thats what she gets for waking up at 4:30! She slept so long I had to call Zijah twice and re schedule our meeting time for this morning. When Suri finally woke up at 11am, we got ready and headed off to meet Zijah at the splash pad at Desert Ridge. When we arrived, we all ate lunch at Paradise Bakery before playing in the water. Suri had a fun time and met a couple of friends who were fascinated with her. There were 2 little girls, "Gabriella" ( with a heart over the i ... she informed me ) and "Katie". 2 Sisters who told me their life story in an hour. They LOVED Suri. They told me how cute her toes were, how cute her fingers were, how cute her big belly was. Then Gabriella proceeded to tell me Suri had a mouth like the Who on the Grinch!  I had to laugh... where that came from, I have no idea. Both of the girls were adorable and they kept Suri quite entertained.

After the splash pad, we all headed over to Grandpa's house. He invited us for an early dinner. Suri fell asleep on the way there and ended up sleeping another 2.5 hours! My little nugget must be growing. When she woke up, she had fun swimming in the pool and really worked up an appetite. She scarfed down 1 and 3/4 of a chicken breast and about 5 strawberries!  She must like Grandpa's cooking better than mine. She didn't spit one piece out!

All in all, today was a good day. Since I have been home, I have made muffins, steamed cauliflower, baked a chicken and washed a couple of loads of laundry all in preparation for the week ahead. I am ready to call it a day and a fun day at that!

Nuggs with helmet hair... post bike ride... playing with the broccoli I was preparing to steam!

Playing Pat-a- cake
                The Splash Pad at Desert Ridge















Waving "bye bye"










Suri's new friends... Gabriella and Katie


It looks like they are making the same face!



Suri was thinking " maybe if I put sun glasses on, they wont be able to see me and they will go away!" (wink wink)

Luxury riding

huh?

Suri and Grandpa

Loving Grandpas mustache












































No comments:

Post a Comment