Friday morning Suri and I left our house at about 8:15, on our way to First American Title Company to close on the sale of our townhouse. It finally SOLD and I was so excited it went through as a Short Sale as opposed to a foreclosure. I received this offer the 2nd day the home was on the market but with all the hoops we had to jump through with the Banks, here we were 3 months later... I did not have to be at the title company until 9am and I wanted to make sure I had plenty of time to be able to stop at Starbucks for a much needed Green Tea Latte. As we were sitting at the stop light on Via Linda and Shea I noticed a biker peddling through the crosswalk... I was thinking about the bike I was going to be getting on Saturday when POW... I received a complimentary neck adjustment compliments of the CITY BUS! I was rear ended! It took me a minute to figure out what had happened as I saw the biker jump off of his bike and walk his bicycle the rest of the way to the curb. I quickly got out of my truck and went around to check on Suri who had dozed off in her car seat. The POW had woken her up and I found her awake, clenching her tweety bird rattle and sucking on her pacifier. She was looking at me like "what just happened"...
It turns out that we were rear ended by a little grey car who had been rear ended by a City Bus! Thankfully Suri and I were not hurt and thanks to the trailer hitch on the back of my truck, our Envoy was not damaged. The little grey car received front and rear damage and the City Bus was un touched as well. Supposedly a passenger on the bus hit her head pretty badly and was taken away in an ambulance.
Suri was unimpressed with the whole situation and went back to sleep in her car seat. Even though there was no damage to my vehicle, I was asked to fill out the police report and remain on the scene until the Fire department could check Suri. Once the Firetruck arrived, a nice Fireman got in the truck, inspected Suri's car seat (in which he gave me a HUGE kudos for having installed properly- completely safe and secure). He checked the little nugget while she slept and gave me the "all clear" to go about my day.
![]()
![]()
Nothing like a bit of drama first thing on a Friday morning! Well, needless to say, we were late to the Title company and I did not have time for Starbucks! I did however sign the papers to make the sale of my townhouse official! It was a bit bittersweet but very necessary as Suri and I are much better off in the home we are in now. It is roomy, has a yard and it is 2 miles from work. Goodbye little house on 25th drive... we had some good times and have great memories of our time with you...
![]() |
| The first home I ever owned and the first home Suri ever knew... |
No comments:
Post a Comment