We hit a major mile stone this week... or so I am told ( it happened at daycare so I have yet to see it myself). Suri SAT up in her crib at daycare all by herself! Hooray! Everyone was so excited to tell me. Of course I hugged and squeezed Suri when I picked her up on Thursday, so so excited to hear her big news! Thursday night, I FINALLY lowered her crib mattress as it had remained on the top level all this time. She still has yet to transition from laying to sitting in front of me... she must know I truly do not want her to grow up! wink wink.
Not really sure why I am actually bothering with her crib, she has boycotted it for the past 3 weeks. For whatever reason she decided to begin waking up every hour during the night. After about a week of that, I of course was exhausted from my nightly jogs back and forth from her room to my room that I finally started taking her from her crib back to my bed. She caught on quick to that and now prefers her spot on MY bed for her nightly slumbers :) I must say, I really don't mind. It has made me go to bed earlier in the evenings (as the only TV in the house is in MY room and I can't watch it when she is sleeping) and we both sleep soundly throughout the night... for the most part. Notice in the pictures the positions Miss Suri tosses and turns into throughout the night : )
 |
| Position for part of the night |
 |
| Position for MOST of the night... |
 |
| Mornin Sunshine! |
 |
| Shes armed with her paci and her lovey at all times |
Suri has been on a bit of an eating strike these days... my little munchkin that would eat ANYTHING has decided she can spit things out. She decides she only likes muffins and mangos. ha.
My kitchen looks like a chefs biggest nightmare in the evenings as I make all sorts of things trying to find something she likes. That is going to stop soon though, I can't imagine doing that when she is older. Eventually I will get to the "take it or leave it" stage :)
At least she is still nursing and as long as she will nurse, I don't mind her cutting back on table food.
I made her spaghetti for dinner last night... some with vegetables and sauce. She hated it. So I gave her the plain noodles to "play" with and this is what our evening looked like...
 |
| "what am I supposed to do with this sticky mess" |
 |
| Uggh... |
 |
| I guess I will taste it |
 |
| Suri: "hmmm, I feel it is missing something" Mommy: "SAUCE" |
 |
| Poor High Chair... |
 |
| So proud of herself |
Suri is trying so hard to crawl these days. She has figured out how to go backward and does it with a huge smile on her face every time. After dinner, she was sitting on the tile and cracking up when the plastic ball would bounce across the tile making a "clicking" noise as it bounced. She is a funny girl...
 |
Trying so hard to crawl
(btw... notice how CLEAN that grout it! wink ) |
 |
| "Hmmm, I wonder how I am going to get that"???? |
No comments:
Post a Comment