Our little miracle

Friday, October 5, 2012

My Birthday Letter to Suri

My Sweet Suri Rose,

Today at 3:41pm you turned 2 years old and from the moment you arrived, 2 years ago, this world, my world, has never been the same...
You have been and continue to be the star that shines the brightest through my eyes. You are my little dream come true and these past two years have been remarkable. You have grown so much in so many different ways. Each morning when you wake up, your sentences become more and more complete as your vocabulary seems to expand with each new day.You are silly and fun loving and continue to say things that make me laugh. You love to make me proud and thrive with praise and encouragement. You are driven and determined to succeed yet never afraid to ask me for help. Your independence is astonishing as your capabilities are beyond your years. The most accurate motto around our home today is for me to help you to do it yourself : ) You definitely have a fire within you that sets you a part from other children your same age. Your honesty is admirable and the trust you have in me is profound. You are never afraid to leap into my arms, never questioning if I will catch you and you truly believe that kisses make everything better. I cherish these moments Suri as I know that with time, "life" will impact your perspective. I pray God will continue to guide you and bless you as you grow. I pray you will come to know and love God more and more and trust in him as I do.
Some of the things you like the most right now are your baby dolls. You are such a little Mommy to them and can be found carrying one of them around at all times throughout the day and night. You talk to them and encourage them; which makes me proud as many of the things I hear you saying to them, are things I have at one time, said to you.  You love cash registers and your froggy bank. You are a saver! Every morning when I ask you " why does Mommy have to go to work" your reply is " to make money" and you say it with a huge smile on your face. At the end of the day, I bring you some change and you eagerly carry the coins to your froggy bank to make your deposit. You LOVE to gather loose change and put it into your bank. I sure do pray this is a habit that will follow you throughout all of your days as if it does, you will succeed indeed!
You continue to love the outdoors and would play outside all day if I would allow you to. Thankfully the weather is beginning to cool off a bit as fall is in the air. You are taking full advantage of the cooler mornings and enjoy playing outside in your playhouse while Mommy gets ready for work. You and Tecoah (your 4 year old Ridgeback) are best buddies (or at least you think so :)  You are constantly talking to Tecoah, leading her around by her collar, feeding her snacks, and informing me when she is doing something she shouldn't be doing. You love your doggies that's for sure. You are definitely an animal lover and want to "hug" any animal we come into contact with. Maybe one of these days you will actually catch a bird. You are so determined to sneak up on them to give them a hug but unfortunately, have yet to be successful in your attempt. I must admit, you are pretty darn cute when you are "sneaking" up on them.
You love going to church and to your Grandpa's house. You adore your cousin Jackson and have already made a couple of good friends that you love to spend time with ( Max, Bryson and Madeleine). You love to say your prayers and to sing the song "happy birthday". You proudly say your full name and take pride in introducing yourself to strangers. You are my little social butterfly and I have yet to find a "shy" bone in your body : ) You are about 95% potty trained and just as I said before, your abilities continue to amaze me. You can say all of your ABC's and can count to 10 all by your self.
There are so many things that you do that make you unique and if I were to comment on all of them, this letter would turn into a novel. I could write about how proud I am of you for hours on end and I hope one day you realize just how very special you are to me. No words to describe the abundance of love that circulates through my heart for you. No words to explain just how proud I am to be your Mommy!

These past 2 years have been amazing and every happy memory I can recall is with you. Your journey is just beginning and I am looking forward to watching you grow and walking by your side to lend you my hand when you need it. You are a true blessing to our family Suri and I love you little Nugget more than you will ever know. Have a fun year being 2!

Suri, 2 years old

No comments:

Post a Comment