This weekend has been an eventful one, filled to the brim with Halloween festivities for Suri. I must admit, I have never been a huge fan of Halloween, I have sort of bypassed it and focused more on "fall" however now that Suri is here and there are so many fun things to do with the kids leading up to Halloween, I am beginning enjoy to embrace the Holiday a bit more than I used to (ps... I still don't do costumes though :)
On Friday morning, after Suri's swimming lessons, Aqua Safe had asked all the kids to wear their costumes post lessons to participate in a mini costume parade around the pool. After the parade, they had one of the rooms decorated as a "friendly haunted house" with strobe lights and tunnels for the kids to walk through. Suri was super excited initially to participate but that was short lived after she put her Jasmine costume. The costume she has been looking forward to wearing was ITCHY and after 30 seconds of wearing it she wanted OUT OF IT ASAP! It was a struggle to get her to focus on her little friends and walk in the costume parade. All of the kids lined up for a group photo but Suri was the only one throwing a tantrum on the floor in protest of her costume! Once her teacher told her she was able to have a lolli pop if she walked through the haunted house, she was all about it, apparently forgetting about the fact that she itched. The whole ordeal was pretty cute and I am glad we experienced the costume protest PRIOR to the night of Halloween. I now am in search of a plan B for Wednesday night.... hmmm.
 |
| Suri and her swim buddy Avi |
 |
Suri and Aspen
My Mom used to take care of Aspen when she was a baby! |
 |
| Notice Suri tugging on her costume! |
 |
| Still tugging... |
 |
| Suri was not interested in the group photo |
 |
| No Suri... |
 |
| My child would be the one off the path! |
 |
| So happy to have a lolli pop! |
On Friday night, we continued in the festivities of our eventful weekend with a mini Halloween festival at USAA. Jackson's school has an annual Halloween festival so Suri and I joined Jackson and Aunt Lindsay, dressed in black and orange and ready for a night of fun.
Suri loved jumping in the bounce house and visiting with the animals in the petting zoo. It was a cute little event and gave me some ideas of things to do if I am able to host a little Halloween Party next year for Suri and her friends ( I wanted to do a party this year, but October has been such a busy month for me, I will have to be more organized next year and begin planning early).
 |
| Such a big girl now! |
 |
| Ghost bowling with a pumpkin bowling ball |
 |
| pumpkin tic tack toe |
 |
| No too sure about the spider ring! |
 |
| She was scared of it :) |
 |
| Amazed at the animals in the petting zoo |





After the event, Jackson and Aunt Lindsay spent the night at our house because bright and early Saturday morning, I had to leave to attend our annual NICU reunion that was being held at the Railroad park this year. I was in charge of the event and I felt like I had 100 lbs riding on my shoulders as the unknown can be a bit overwhelming. Thankfully the event was a huge success and it was so good to see so many of our graduates doing so well! Suri had fun spending the morning with Lindsay and Jackson and her long 3 hour nap was the result. I was thrilled that she slept that long because Saturday night we were off to the BOO Fest at Paseo Highlands park! I was scheduled to volunteer at Emily's Toys for Joy to raise funds and collect Toys for our Pediatric Unit. I didnt quite know what to expect at a free Halloween event for families (anticipating ghosts and goblins in complete chaos) but was pleasantly surprised at how fun the event was for all the children and families who attended. All my coworkers thought I was hilarious when they saw Suri and I arrive. I was pulling Suri in her wagon and it it was her froggie potty chair! I didn't see restrooms in close proximity to the event and figured I better be safe than sorry with Suri. Sure enough about 1/2 hour into the event, Suri pulled her skirt down right in the middle of the field informing me she had to go potty right now!!! We grabbed the potty chair and headed behind the wall :) Saved once again by the portable froggie chair!! Emily's Toys for Joy did well as the recipient of the toys donated by the families and Suri had a fun time as well. We are looking forward to next year!
 |
| Happy to be allowed to run FREE |
 |
| Poor Sydney chasing her all around! |
 |
| Wendy Sydney and Suri at Boo Fest 2012 |
 |
| The mini pumpkin patch |
 |
| The pumpkin she chose |
 |
| Suris first encounter with a Hot Air Balloon. She was fascinated as we watched them blow it up. We were able to stand next to the basket while they released the fire. Suri was FASCINATED and kept wanting to go back and "see it" |
 |
| Suri would have jumped all night if I would have let her. She loved bouncing in the bounce house! |
 |
| Back to work at our station " Emily's Toy's for Joy" |
 |
| Decorating a card for a hospitalized child. |
 |
| I love this picture. So proud of her :) |
 |
| Wendy was helping her pull the backing off the stickers so she could stick them on her card :) |
 |
Some of the kids at Boo Fest decorating cards at our booth.
|
 |
The pumpkin I decorated for Suri a few weeks ago... It took 3 hours to paint but turned out super cute :)
Happy Halloween Suri Rose! |
It was a fun weekend and Suri and I are looking forward to spending Halloween with her friends Madeleine and Caitlyn.
No comments:
Post a Comment