Our little miracle

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Race for the Cure 2012

This morning Suri and I drove downtown to participate in Suri's second annual Race for the Cure. She was thrilled when she realized her shirt matched mine and was even more thrilled when she saw that her shirt matched everyone elses :) She is definitely my little fashionista. I must say, participating in this annual event is no longer the same now that Mom is no longer with us. I don't want to sound like I have a negative attitude as it was nice to see all the people/ family/ survivors affected by this disease coming together to fund raise to find a cure for breast cancer but it is almost like the flame that used to burn inside me has been extinguished. I hope one day to be able to talk to Suri about why it is that we participate in this annual walk and hope that she will come to know her Grandma Diane through our conversations about that wonderful person she was.

Unfortunately, this year, we did not take a family photo like we normally do every year but here are some random snap shots from the event.


Just getting started





So nice to find a family friend who rememberd our Mom ... thanks John!





She's a little heavier than last year right Uncle Don!?!?









Suri had ridden in the stroller practically the entire race and I promised her that when we got closer to the finish line, I would let her walk with me... once she got out of the stroller she lasted about 3 minutes before she fell down and skinned her knee and hands... poor Suri.


Racing to the finish Line




Look at the big owie on her knee :(

Cousin Jack came to give Suri a hug




We love and miss you Mom. We will continue to Race to find a Cure....

Later this afternoon, Suri and I went over to the Nummella's house to celebrate Amalia's birthday. Suri had fun playing outside and snacking on cupcakes, more cupcakes, and ice cream cake... :)  She's always in heaven when there are cupcakes around!


Mmm, cucumber











Amalia and her Daddy



Suri and Auntie Lindsay
(Look at the red mark on Suri's cheek... still red from the sticker I took off her cheek at the Race for the Cure- she has her Mommy's sensitive skin indeed!)


Is that good cake Suri???


Such a big girl now. . .  (big sigh from Mommy...)

Holding on all by yourself now



Nayyar pushing Suri






Jackson was explaining to Suri that she could NOT have the ball because it was HIS turn :)





Happy Birthday Amalia!  We love you kiddo!

No comments:

Post a Comment