Our little miracle

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Walk to Remember 2012

This morning, Suri and I went to Greyhawk park bright and early to begin setting up for Scottsdale Healthcare's 5th annual Walk to Remember. It is a walk to commemorate infants and children. This is a special event that will forever hold a special place in my heart. Working in the NICU brings me to meet many wonderful people who have had to say goodbye to their child way too soon, either losing them to prematurity, to an illness or to a tradgedy. It is always nice to see our families return to celebrate their child and many personalize the day in many differnt ways.
Suri was excellent throughout the morning. She helped me carry things to set up and she playes nicely while I was busy. She enjoyed being outside and the morning was beautiful.

After the walk was over, Suri and I headed back home to begin setting up for her family birthday party that was to begin at 4pm. I will write more about her family celebration on the next post :)

Here are some of the photos from today.
Suri and Mallory

Our friend Karen

Suri loved this little girls pull toy

A rock that one of the families decorated in honor of one of their twins that passed away

All the balloons were beautiful!  So vibrant!



In honor of a special friend's baby girl...

Suri chose the blue balloon ( or" Baboon" as Suri calls it)

I love this shirt... in memory of their little tinkerbell (who fluttered away from the family tree...)

Some of the rocks families decorated

Releasing balloons along the path.

Lady bugs!!!

Suri was interested

Until she realized they were BUGS and they CRAWLED!!



Nice job dumping your fishy crackers out in the stroller... :/

A fun morning!
Im so thankful Suri is here to partake in events like this with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment