Our little miracle

Monday, December 6, 2010

2 months old

December 5, 2010, Suri turned 2 months old!  Wow, where has the time gone. I blinked and before I knew it, October and November have come and gone.Today is also the day that marks the 3 month mark that we have been without Mom. I sure do wish she could be here to see Suri grow. Even though it has been 3 months, the pain is still as fresh as the day she passed. I am looking forward to the day that things begin to get easier.

This morning, Suri woke up extra early (5am) and was happy and playful. No sleeping in today. We decided to open her play mat ( thank you Tina and John ) and spend some time playing. Suri is increasing her tolerance to tummy time. She is fine laying on her tummy while I am holding her on my chest but when she is put down, she gets frustrated and stiffens and kicks her legs as she starts to cry.
She was extra smiley ( maybe she knew it was her 2 month birthday.. ha) so I wanted to get some pictures.






I also took Suri's 2 month photo... you can see how she has changed from her 1 month photo!!








In the afternoon, Zijah came by to spend some time with Suri before he went to work. It was close to her nap time so Suri and Daddy snuggled and had some one on one time while I worked in the garage putting away fall decorations. I heard Zijah calling my name and when I went inside to see what he needed, I found that Suri had had a major poop and it went everywhere!!!  Zijah changed his FIRST diaper (since we have been home from the hospital) and Suri wanted to make sure he was caught up!! hee hee. He did a good job getting most of it cleaned up :)

After Suri's nap, we went to Goodyear to spend some time with Aunt Ashley. She and Don had decorated their Christmas tree that they cut themselves (with Dad's help ). It looked great but I didnt bring my camera to get a picture. . . darn

Tuesday December 6th...
We had Suri's 2 month check up at the Pediatrician's office today . Since I had forgotten my camera before when we came here, I wanted to make sure we got a picture today of Suri and her pediatrician, Dr. Lisa Engle.
This is a picture right before Suri receives her 2 month vaccines:


Suri and Dr. Engle

Everything went great today at her check up. She is growing appropriately and is on track for a 36 week preemie. Suri's stats are as follows:  Her weight is 10 lbs 5 ounces (34th %) and her length is 23 inches ( 97%), her head circumference was 36cm (23 %) . She received her first big round of vaccinations and was such a brave baby. She was given her DTaP/DTP/DT ( for Diphtheria, Tetnus, Pertussis)- IVP (Polio), Hib (Haemophilus influenza type B)- PCV7 (Pneumococcal Conjugate) and RT (Rotavirus, given orally). Those ouchie vaccines are given IM  ( in the muscle) of her upper thighs.  Definitely no real way to give them comfortably. Due to Suri's mild Reflux, we decided to try her on Nexium 1 ml two times per day. Hopefully that will help her sleep and lay down comfortably... fingers crossed.  We will not need to come back to the doctor until her 4 month appointment.

Suri has slept most of the afternoon post shots. This evening she is running a low grade temperature (99.3) and is definitely not her spunky self. She is very mellow and calm. Her legs must hurt to move them as she lets out a cry during diaper changes. Poor baby. She just wants to cuddle and sleep it off.

Our friend Aarika stopped by this evening to hold Suri before she went to bed. Suri snuggled with Aarika for about an hour before she became hungry and sleepy. It was good to see Aarika again (and thanks for trying her shoes on her! We can't wait to wear the cheetah ones soon!).

Aarika and Suri


Look at Suri's glassy eyes... she definitely doesnt feel good :(

Nice shoes!!! (might look better minus the socks and night gown :) 





Well... that was a recap of the last two days. I am going to go to bed now and try to get some sleep before Suri wakes for her next feeding. I am looking forward to a lazy day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment