Now that the house was clean and Suri was bathed and ready to go as well, we headed to my work so we could get our official tour of Suri's new daycare. We visited her "classroom" and met her 2 teachers. Mary (her primary teacher) will be leaving to go on maternity leave in February so Suri will have a new teacher while Mary is away. I sure do hope Suri likes her classroom and adjusts to her new routine. Hard to believe I will be returning to work in less than 3 weeks. Where the time has gone, I just don't know. What I do know for sure is that these past couple of months, Suri has taught me the importance of slowing down my pace a bit (as I have always had my plate not only "full" but usually :running over") and enjoy the "little" things life has to offer. I cherish each and every minute I have with her as I know she will grow up all too fast.
Later today, we took the dogs and met Uncle Don and Remington in Goodyear so the dogs could have some play time at the park. The pups were all happy to be together and it was evident as they played and chased each other around the park. Suri enjoyed being outside and although it is December the weather was still in the high 70's today. No need for even a jacket outside. One of these days I will bring my camera and have someone take our picture with the dogs.
After the park, we went back to Uncle Don's house to say hi to Aunt Ashley before we headed back to our house. I had a camera in the diaper bag and it had a bit of a battery left so I was able to get these pictures of Suri and Sunt Ashley. The settings were not correct and Suri has "red eye" in every one... woops.
| Whoa... bright flash = big eyes : ) |
I did however re attempt this "routine" again tonight and she did fairly well. She nursed and then layed on her teddy bear mat on the bed to try to go to sleep. She needs someone laying right next to her as she likes to be close as well as needs a bit of help maintaining her pacifier. I must admit though... she cried and cried and once again, I ended up "nursing" her until she was almost asleep before laying her back down to soothe herself to sleep. Suri is finally sleeping but we will have to keep working on this routine until the nursing part is obsolete. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment