Our little miracle

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

We are still here!

These past few days have been fairly uneventful and therefore I haven't had much to blog about. We are still here, just busy getting ready for Christmas. The past 3 nights Suri has been successful at putting herself to sleep at bedtime (she just needs me to hold her pacifier until she is finished with it ) !!!  I am almost hesitant to put that in writing as I don't want to "jinx" us. ha. I am so proud of her, and hope she is able to maintain this routine as I know she will have to eventually master it in daycare.
Last night and tonight Suri has been asleep by 8:30pm.  Last night she slept from 8pm until 2:45am! She then nursed and went right back to sleep. Tonight she fell asleep around 8:30pm. Her afternoon naps have been a bit shorter at 2-3 hours max as opposed to her 5 hour stretches. She is growing so quickly, if only I could slow time down!

Today we went out to our church, Christ's Church of the Valley (CCV) to get tickets for the Christmas Eve service. This year, they are controlling the crowds by having each attendee have an entrance ticket for the service of their choice. We were able to get tickets for Thursday the 23rd. We will also attend Christmas Eve service on Christmas eve with my family at their church, Shephard of the Desert.  This year, our neighbors Mike and Debi will be attending the CCV service with us. Hopefully they will enjoy it as much as I normally do.

This evening, Suri and I met my manager (and very dear friend) Mary at Pita Jungle. I love this restraunt and know one day Suri will enjoy it as well : )  Mary brought Suri some super cute Christmas outfits as well as a few new fun toys. She continues to spoil Suri every chance she gets. Suri was happy throughout dinner and had all the people in the restraunt commenting on how cute she was. She wasn't very "cute" one we got in the truck to go home (ha). By this time, she was hungy and screamed all the way home. The crying actually produced tears this time!  I hurried home as fast as I could. I even skipped putting her in her pajamas and left her in her onsie. She was SO wanting to nurse and go to sleep! Once she was nursing, she calmed herself down. when she was finished, I rocked her with her pacifier and she fell asleep ( I know this was "cheating" a bit by holding her until she fell asleep but I couldnt resist and at least she fell asleep with the pacifier)
Fingers crossed for another good night for Suri. I am going to take advantage of this extra time to get some things done around the house before going to bed as well. Here are a couple of photos from this morning when Suri was still in her jammies.


No comments:

Post a Comment